046

EVERYTHING WAS AWKWARD after i hung up on him. what if he gets mad, or better yet he yells at me. i stayed in my seat trying to understand what i had just done.

the rest of the car ride was an awkward silence. it was like that until vinnie broke the silence. "so, when are you going to stop taking to him?" he asked.

"what do you mean?" i said, pretending like i was stupid, but i clearly understood what he meant.

"tristan, you have to stop talking to him. he scares me and i'm the one who's friends with him or whatever you two are,"

"i know vinnie. i just don't know what to do," i said, tilting my head, now staring down at my feet. he placed one hand on my back and softly rubbed it before speaking again. "just talk to bryce, but understand that we're all here for you. we love you okay," he said, quickly widening his eyes once he realized what he said.

i lifted my head up and instantly smiled at him. "you love me,"

"well, yeah we all do," he stuttered before completing his sentence.

"i see what you're doing. you're trying to pretend like you didn't just say that you love me," i said, exaggerating the word me at the end.

he didn't respond and this confirmed what i said. i leaned back in my seat as we pulled up to apartment.

he parked in front of the complex and put the car into park.

"wow, vinnie hacker just said that he loves me," i said.

"shut up, thats not even what is said," he said jokingly, scoffing as well.

"yeah whatever hacker," i rolled my eyes, turning to unlock my door, but i saw a tall figure in the distance. i squinted for a bit before realizing that it was travis. thankfully, he didn't recongize the car, but i didn't care. i needed to leave the complex immediately.

"vin, drive." i said frantically.

"what's wrong?" he turned to me, confused as to how to light mood disappeared so quickly.

"please just drive," i was begging at this point. i took a glance at his face and he genuinely looked concerned. "travis is here," i finally blurted out. his face went from expressionless to furious in about two seconds.

he turned off the car and removed his keys from the ignition. "what are you doing?" i asked, confused as to why he turned the car off.

"we're gonna have a little chat with travis," he replied back.

"vinnie stop, you can't. you knows how he is," i pleaded with him, grabbing onto his arms in an attempt to try and stop him from exiting the car.

"and how is he exactly? abusive right?" he replied.

"stop," i said

"and that's exactly why i have to talk to him. he can't keep treating you or anyone else like this," he quickly said, opening his side of the car and i quickly followed.

we walked up the pathway, but it didn't take long before travis recognized us.

"what the hell is he doing here?" he shouted.

vinnie put his arm in front of me. he leaned down and whispered into my ear. "don't say anything to him okay," i nodded my hear before he continued walking up to travis.

"what is your problem man?" vinnie said

"i'm not the one with the problem," travis quickly replied back.

"that rich coming from the one who hits women," vinnie retorted.

"i hit guys like you too," travis said, walking up to vinnie before shoving him.

vinnie didn't take that from anyone so, he regained his balance and pushed back. i watched as the two pushed each other back and forth, hoping that neither of them would throw a punch. i obviously spoke too soon.

vinnie clenched his fist and aimed for travis's face.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚
author🏄‍♂️
hope y'all enjoyed! please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter, i really appreciate it!