040

BACK IN THE APARTMENT, tristan locked the door before turning around to face the two. avani and payton sat on the couch watching tristan as she locked the door behind her.

"what?" she asked, now facing her two friends.

"we saw you and travis." avani broke the silence, shaking her head in disappointment.

"he was just apologizing to me." she retorted. looking down at her fingers, fidgeting with them as she became more anxious.

"do you actually believe him." avani's eyebrows furrowed as the words left her mouth.

"no. i mean maybe. he apologized for everything and quite frankly, i'm in the mood to be upset anymore."

"he's just trying to get close to you."

"so what?! i don't care about the past anymore." tristan quickly interrupted. now with an even more annoyed tone in her voice. she began walking away, but before she could pass avani, payton got up and stood in front of her.

"please move." she said to the boy who was a standing a few inches away from her.

"i understand that you're upset, but you have no reason to be upset with me or avani. we're your friend and we're just trying to help you." payton said, avani silently agreed with him.

the girl was now staring at her two friends. were they right? was she just overreacting? she didn't want to come to a conclusion.

before she knew it, a few warm tears travelled down her check. she tried to wipe them away before the two could notice, but it was too late.

"tris please don't cry." avani frowned as she stopped there and watched her friend break down.

"i-i'm fine." she replied back. continuing to wipe tears away.

"we don't want to fight with you. we're sorry if we made you upset." payton added, placing his hand on tristan's shoulder.

"do you think anyone will ever love me?" her lips trembled as the question registered in all of their brains.

silence. the room stayed absolutely silent.

"what if travis was the only one who loved me and i-i fucked it up." she struggled to finish her sentence. she sat down on the couch beside them and placed her hands on her face.

payton continued to rub his hand across her back in an attempt to make her feel better. it seemed to work at first, but he couldn't tell anymore.

a few knocks were heard at the door. their heads quickly turned to face the door. "i sweat if it's vincent." tristan said, quickly turning from upset to annoyed and angry.

"i'll get it okay, just calm down." avani said walking over to the door. she truned around to give the two who were at the coach one last stare before opening it.

she unlocked the door and to her surprise, bryce was standing at the door. his face immediately turned pale when he saw tristan on the coach crying and with mascara running down her face.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚
author🏄‍♂️
thank you for 4k reads omg! comment any ideas or suggestions you have.

can't believe that this book has 40 chapters. i never would have thought that i would write this much. it's honestly insane so ty!