Chapter Fourteen

Third PoV

At the mountain top of Mt. Yougou where the Grand Narukami Shrine is located, Lumine and Paimon met a familiar face, Yae Miko.

"What brings you two here? Already miss me?"

Yae smiled as the both of them stared at her, unamused.

"What's up with that look? And here I thought you're here to visit me."

"Actually, it's a part of that. How's things holding up here in Inazuma?"

Lumine said, curious of what's been up to the Land of Eternity.

"It's been quite well I must say. However, Ei's heart is still mourning for her...

It must've been the why the thunderstorms frequently happening around."

Yae said as she crossed her arms. Lumine nodded and could only feel sympathy over the Electro Archon.

Out of all the people Y/N left, Ei would be the one would've be greatly affected.

"I see..."

Lumine could only remarked. It was painful enough to lose a friend, but it was unbearable to lose your significant one.

"It's the same thing for me as well."

Yae said as she looked up to the sky.

"Uh? Guys? Who are you talking to?"

Paimon was curious as to who Lumine and Yae were referring to.

"It's Y/N. One of our close friends, you know who it was, who gave me this charm."

Lumine brought out the charm as Paimon remembered.

"Oh! That girl you're referring to, the one who aided us here in Inazuma last year?"

Paimon tried to recall by softly holding her head. Unfortunately for her, when Y/N died, she had already forgotten about her, same as most of the people Y/N met.

"You're right."

Lumine looked sadly as Paimon shook her head.

"Sorry, Paimon still can't remember. But by the way you and Miko talked about her, she seems a nice person."

Paimon remarked.

"Indeed she is."

Yae said as she approached the two, her gaze falling on the charm that Lumine was clutching.

"You've been taking care of it. Thank you."

Yae said as she then looked up towards the two.

"How may I assist you with the second part of your reason for being here?"

"Ah! That's it. We're also here because we're trying to find this novel's author."

Paimon said while Lumine handed the novel to Yae in which she examines.

"Lady Miko!"

As Yae continued to read the novel, someone called out to her in which she smiled.

"Ah, Hanaki. Good timing."

"Hmm? What is it?"

With a smile, the girl approached them.

"Oh, hello there! Lady Miko, it seems you have an important guests."

"Actually, these two were here to see you."

Yae said as she handed the novel to Hanaki.

"I'll leave the rest to you, dear."