Chapter Eight

"Guuji Yae, I'm a little curious... Does it not dishonor the Shogun to hide a wanted criminal at her grand shine?"

Sara asked Yae as she crossed her arms.

"Hehehe... You are the same as ever, Kujou Sara. No one can match you when it comes to loyalty to the Shogun."

Yae smiled at Sara at her statement.

"As a servant, loyalty to the Shogun is my duty. And as a warrior, I dedicate my life following the way of the Shogun."

"Even though she will one day... Seize your Vision too?"

She started at Sara, waiting for an answer. Sara closes her eyes as she replied.

"The Vision Hunt Decree is the Shogun's chosen course, and I shall not question it."

Yae sighed at her response.

"It's a tragic... Such wholehearted devotion, rendered meaningless by circumstance. Have you been kept in the dark? Or are you the only one left in the light?"

"Lady Guuji, I need you to be direct. Tell me exactly what you mean."

Yae explained to Sara what really is happening. The Vision Hunt Decree is a trap. Part of the Fatui plot to bring Inazuma to it's knees. That Sara's masters, the Kujou Clan of Tenryou Commission, they are the ones keeping the truth from reaching the Shogun.

Sara widened her eyes on what she heard from Yae.

"You're saying the Kujou Clan... Betrayed the Shogunate?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Yae smiled at her.

"Guuji Yae, your allegation is not only dangerous but ridiculous. The Tri-Commission has served the Shogun since ancient times and remains absolutely loyal to this day."

Sara said, denying Yae's accusations. Y/N looked at Sara with saddened expression from her face. Little by little, Y/N is learning more what really is happening to the present Inazuma.

Sara noticed Y/N's stares upon her. She avoided her gaze as she continued speaking.

"Ever since I was adopted by the Kujou Clan. I have seen and heard nothing but pure devotion toward the Shogun. At every level of the Tenryou Commission- especially from the head of the clan, Kujou Takayuki...

He revered the Musou no Hitotachi more than anyone. My own respect for the Shogun pales in comparison to his. How could he ever even dream of acting against the Shogun?"

Sara with her arm crossed, questions Yae. In response Yae told her that in three days, she'll show her the evidence.

"As a Guuji, there's one thing I know very well: People believe whatever they want to believe. Some things you do not see, simply because you do not wish to look."

Yae said with confidence.

"And so... It falls to me to place the truth before your eyes, in all it's ugliness."

She continued.

"Hmph... Three days? I'll be here. But if I don't see any evidence, I will demand a formal apology for slandering the Kujou Clan, Also..."

Sara looked at Lumine.

"She will have to come with me."

"Wonderful. Then I'll see you in three days. I look forward to it very much."

Yae smiled as Sara leaves the shrine.