Chapter Three

It's been three days since Y/N met Lumine and the others. After her encounter with the Traveler, Y/N went a little walk to more areas in the Narukami Island in person. Mostly on the shores of the island.

Of course she whenever she go, she'll be unnoticed to the common folks unless it's necessary to do so.

She thought of how the girl named Ayaka recognizes her despite of her using memory erasure capabilities. She then realize that sooner or later people will think why it's been so peaceful lately around and started rumors of an unknown guardian.

After that, she went back to her usual domain spot on the Mt. Yougou. She continued guarding the place as she used to on her daily life and takes a rest whenever she feel the island was safe.

...

Yae noticed the fog surrounding underneath the Grand Narukami Shrine which indicates Y/N's return.

She smiled and thought of visiting her to ask what she did during her the days she went away. She prepared the desserts Y/N likes whenever she meets up with her.

She reached for the stairs and as the fog widened, she closes her eyes.

"Little one, may I come in?"

Upon opening her eyes, she found herself in Y/N's domain. Y/N can be seen floating mid air, hugging her knees as she rest.

"Good evening little one. I brought you some desserts!"

Y/N slowly opened her eyes and greeted Yae with a small smile.

"Good evening Miko! Thank you as always."

Y/N uses her telepathy to communicate with Yae.

"You're always welcome."

She then sat across Y/N as she slowly move in front of Yae and did the same.

"I assume, you're now controlling you're memory erasure?"

"Yes, but it takes a lot of energy from me."

Y/N was really having a hard time preserving her memories. Yae noticed it too, as if she saw Y/N's form gotten pale .

"Are you still up for it? Tell me when you cannot maintain it anymore. Your safety is my number one priority of my plan. I'll think of something else."

"Don't worry, I can still take it."

Yae looked at Y/N worriedly. If she can't control her normal state anymore, she'll need to make a plan without involving Y/N anymore.

Y/N saw how troubled she looks as she was thinking of something.

"Miko, let's still continue your plan. I can endure this. You don't have to worry about me. I'm doing this for Inazuma after all."

"Alright then, little one. I'll trust you with that. Please don't do something reckless that might risk your life."

"..."

Y/N made an eye contact with Yae. She was so serious about this and all Y/N could do is to nod.

"You should rest right now, I apologize for disturbing you at this time. If you need anything else, just call for me okay?"