8-ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck Natalie he commented!"

"I know", I smirked but deep down my heart was beating out of my chest.

AT 5:40PM:

I opened the front door of my apartment and went in. I dropped my keys and wallet on the counter and lay down on the sofa, exhausted. A day of walking around in the city is too much for my poor feet.

I grabbed the tv remote and pressed the tv on. The news' lady's voice echoed into the room to cover up the silence.

"The world famous pop band One Direction's Harry Styles and Liam Payne were met by paparazzis at the afternoon today in London. They are reportedly excited about the world tour which is starting off next week in South America!-"

Oh shit I didn't text Niall today! I meant to, but my phone had died midway our day out.

I quickly looked for my phone and checked my messages.

From: Nialler<3: Mornin Nat miss you x

From: Nialler<3: You awake angel?

From: Nialler<3: I saw ur ig post . havin fun with friends?xx

From: Nialler<3: u ok??

From: Louis: Hey Nat care to check on your messages ? Your irish boy is unable to be still here and it's annoying yk can you please just say ur alive thank you

*2 missed calls from Nialler<3*

I decided to call him, and he answered after two rings.

"Natalie! Are you alright?"

"Hey Nialler! I'm just fine, I'm so sorry I didn't text you today. I was out with friends and my phone died and I just got home."

"Oh okay, no problem babe. Just got worried. Did you have fun?"

"I did, very much! I missed my friends since we haven't seen each other in a while. We ate in McDonalds and then went shopping for the afternoon."

"That's cool! Found anything?"

"Yeah I bought one hoodie and jeans and a pair of very cute earrings. What have you done today?"

"Uh nothing worth mentioning about, honestly. Just had a lazy day in and played some Fifa with Louis. I won, actually! Be proud."

"I am babe! Did he bang his fist on the wall, slap your head, eat Oreos and go to his room?"

"Yep, just in that order. You know us well."

"You've taught me well."

𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒎'𝒔 𝑷.𝑶.𝑽:

I was sitting in the living room, dying from the boredom. Gotta enjoy it for now, though. Soon we're off to South America and boredom will be the last thing in our minds.

Niall came into the room, his blue eyes looking happy and his mouth in a small smile.

"I take it she answered finally?" Louis asked from behind his card house, which fell when he accidentally bumped the table. "Ah fucking hell these cards are cursed I swear!"

"Yeah she did, how'd ya know?"

"You don't get it do you? When you haven't talked to her in a while you're walking with a grey cloud over your head, when you've talked with her you're so on cloud nine it's almost stupid", Harry spoke up from the kitchen.

"...Fuck you."

"I'd rather you fuck Natalie."

Everyone laughed but Niall blushed a little and pouted. "You're all mean!"

"Speaking of that, have you had sex yet?" Louis casually asked after he had thrown the cards on the floor.

"That is none of your business but nope."

"When are ya gonna?"

"Why? Wanna try a threesome? The answer is no."

We all started laughing so hard that Zayn fell off the couch and Harry had tears in his eyes when he came from the kitchen.

"That's not what I meant Neil! I have Eleanor", Louis tried to defend himself.

"And that's a miracle. I mean she can't be in her right mind", Niall wondered while still chuckling and going to lie on the couch and taking out a book.

"Hey that's mean though!"

"I know, the truth hurts", Niall said with a smirk so we all knew he was still just joking. Sometimes when the schedule is really busy and we're stressed, a little joking can turn out to be serious pretty quickly. That's never happened with Niall-the-ray-of-sunshine though, so there's no worries about that.

9:13PM:

Niall stood up from the couch.

"M'gonna go to bed. Thought to hit the gym in the morning. Night guys."

"Okay then, good night."

"Night."

"Good night sleep tight dream of Nat."

"Good night Ni."

He left the room.

"Who wants the last sandwich?" I asked, about to go and wash the plate.

"Last- but didn't I make just five of them?" Harry asked confused. Louis and Zayn raised their heads too.

"You did? Who didn't eat then?"

Nobody said anything, just shrugged.

"Was it Niall?"

"I guess? If we all ate then it has to be. Maybe he had already eaten or wasn't just hungry?"

"M'getting flashbacks now", I quivered, thinking about the times when we started to realize how Niall used to be without eating.

"Don't worry, a man can be just not hungry sometimes you know, like we all. It doesn't mean anything."

"Yeah you're right. I'm stupid."

"No you're not. You're just overprotective like we all."

"Yeah. We shouldn't question him anymore though, he's past that."

We all agreed.

He's a grown man who can take care of himself

I know

But still

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it's a little short I'm sorry

Thanks for reading<3

Published 1/11/2021   19:25

1247 words