3-ꜱʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛᴇʀ

𝑵𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍'𝒔 𝑷.𝑶.𝑽:

I am seeing Natalie again today.

It was an on the spur of the moment -thing, really. So I haven't had the time to mentally prepare, but maybe it's better that way - I haven't been able to overthink anything either. And after all I had been the one sending the first message about wanting to meet up. This is definitely something I needed, after the day we'd had.

If it was nice, cool weather the day of our last encounter, today it's the complete opposite. Where then was the chilly, fresh wind, is now nothing but tension. It's like the weather is on pause, waiting for something; most likely a thunder.

So here I was, skipping down the street with Google Maps open on my phone in my hand, trying to follow its directions towards the place Natalie sent to me.

When I got there I recognized her immediately. Not that it was hard, she was the only person there except for some random man walking with grocery bags.

"Hi", she smiled at me.

I took in her appearance; the black Converses, the wide blue jeans with small sunflowers in them, the off-white top, the few bronze chains around her neck, and the way her light brown hair that settled lightly on her shoulders glowed golden when the evening's last sunrays touched them.

Right then and there she reminded me of an angel. The way they are always described as so beautiful, as they smile softly and let their bright halos bring light for everyone around them.

All Natalie was missing was her halo - but she didn't even need one to be honest.

"Hi", I breathed out and answered her smile. I don't know why, but I felt like it would've been inappropriate to talk louder in the moment.

"There aren't many fun places open anymore, but we could just walk around you know? I know this nice path around the lake. Or we can go look for something that's open, whatever you want", she offered.

"The path sounds nice", I nodded reassuringly.

I started walking but soon gave her the lead as I had no idea where we were going.

"So how are you?" I looked down at her. Not that down though, frankly, I was shorter than I would've liked.

"I'm good yeah. Had this one exam today, felt like it went pretty well. Now we have a break of those for a while luckily."

"Hey that's amazing, I'm proud of you", I nudged her smile.

"Thanks! What about you?"

We turned to some smaller road away from the main street, and the lake was now coming into view from behind all the buildings.

"Fine, a bit tired I suppose. We had a few interviews today."

"How'd they go?" she asked with a light tone.

"Average I guess, fine", I nodded.

"That's good."

I didn't say anything.

-

"We should maybe start heading back if we want to stay dry", I broke the silence. Not that we had been quiet the whole time, of course not, but at one point we had fallen silent after talking about anything and everything, and settled for admiring the view to the lake and the now long gone sunset.

The clouds had completely taken over, and the first loud rumble echoed in the air. It wasn't like I hadn't expected it'd come to this, you should be stupid not to, but maybe I didn't think it'd happen this fast.