Chapter Thirty-Five

Starlette

"Run away with me."

With those words, my heart drops. I could tell he's serious as his lips are tightened in a frown and his eyes remain fixated on me. No matter what has happened, I still couldn't think about always being on the run from fame. I couldn't even think about leaving our home when we fought so hard to keep it.

I wanted my child to grow up in a place where Harry and I spent our time together. I wanted him to call our house home and be happy—but with Harry and I in the spotlight it's certainly difficult to keep this up any longer. It's very hard to want my child to call our house home when it's even dangerous to be anywhere around it.

"Harry, I—we can't," I whisper. I gaze into his eyes and I can see the reflection of his heart break into pieces. "It's not that—I would run away with you in a heartbeat but I can't put him through hell-" I try to explain as I place my hand on my stomach and avert my attention for a brief moment. "-and I don't want him always on the run and never call a house home," I continue as I take in a deep breath.

"I know that, Star, but would you want him to grow in a home where he finds it dangerous? Where everywhere he goes, he can't have a normal childhood because of our mistakes?" He rambles on. I can practically see him break with every word he says and I know he's pleading to actually just run. He wanted to leave his past life behind and never look back.

"I know that but I think it's too big of a risk," I say as I shake my head slowly. "I can't go through with this, Harry, please understand. Can we not talk about this? I'm really tired," I mumble as I feel the medicine start to take its toll. I see him purse his lips and nod slowly.

"Okay, fine. Gain your strength, baby."

♡♡♡

Lying on the couch, my mind goes through all the events that I just experienced. Don't get me wrong, I would love to run with Harry and live a normal and simple life but at the same, I didn't really want to. I wasn't known for change since I liked everything to be the same.

Hearing a ping from my phone, I turn my phone on to see Harry and a woman. With brown hair, I see her hand on his arm and smiles tug on their lips—and what really takes me off guard is when I see the white doors behind him. Was he really flirting with her when I was fighting for my life and my sons?

"Harry Styles flirting with a woman while Starlette is fighting for her and her child's life. What kind of person does something like that but what can I say? I don't really expect any less from him. Hope he wakes up and smells that his life is going down hill."

I read the caption with my eyes scanning every word and I fight the urge to cry. Couldn't this be a misunderstanding? Couldn't the media just be trying to hurt our relationship? But I still couldn't get that image out of my head. I couldn't shake the thought away.

With her hazel eyes and brown wavy hair, I knew she's beautiful but I despised her. I despised that woman with burning rage and anger flowing through my veins. I didn't like her touching him or even coming close. I didn't like how she 'comforted' him when I was clearly dying. I'm the only one who can.

"Hey, love, you okay?" I hear Harry ask.

Snapping my eyes onto him, I clench my jaw and rise to my feet with the burning anger brewing within my veins. "How dare you! How dare you flirt with another woman when I was fighting for my life and your sons'!" I exclaim.

"Hey, hey, what are you talking about?" He asks as his eyebrows furrow together—but his eyes flash with a recognition and I know now he knows what I'm talking about. "Star, that woman, Katie‐" he tries to justify.