(20) Trust I seek

Începe de la început

"Hajima"

Jeongguk didn't even realise he was bouncing his foot.

"Hyung", Jeongguk whined making Taehyung chuckle.

"Here", the elder held out one of the earpieces of the earphones in front of him. "Put it on"

And so Jeongguk did.

"Just listen, don't think about anything else", Taehyung said increasing the volume on his phone. The soft song played in a soulful melodic tone settling the maknae's nerves around.

Jeongguk's posture relaxed a little and he curved into Taehyung's side, holding his hand tightly.

"I am here, don't worry", Taehyung hummed.

I'll always be here.

The car halted to a stop in front of the high school. Taehyung gently squeezed Jeongguk's hand one last time and gave him a reassuring nod.

The staff and Jeongguk's parents were already waiting for them outside.

Jeongguk took a deep breath and straightened his spine trying to appear as confident as possible.

He stepped out of the vehicle last and walked straight to his parents.

His hugged the daylights out of him and his father ruffled his hair.

"I missed you so much my baby", she mumbled over his shoulder.

Jeongguk realised he was almost as tall as her now.

"I'm not a baby anymore eomma"

His mother pulled back and cupped his cheek. "You'll always be my baby"

"We are so proud of you", his father smiled, his eyes crinkling.

The other members quickly came up and introduced themselves.

Jeongguk pulled Taehyung's hand and brought him forward.

"Eomma, Appa, This is Taehyungie hyung", a large grin adorning his face.

Taehyung bowed again and shook their hands, "Nice to meet you, I am Kim Taehyung"

"Ah the one and only, it is so nice to finally meet you!", his mother said, her eyes softening just like her son. "Jeongguka talks about you all the time, whenever he calls us, or whenever he comes home, Taehyungie hyung is so cool and Taehyungie hyung is so handsome- and-"

"Eomma", Jeongguk hissed from beside her, almost whining.

Taehyung felt the heat creep up his cheeks.

"You are like his idol, he is so fond of-"

"Eomma-", Jeonggguk huffed and held her hand, "Let's go inside", he slowly pulled his mother away before she could provide the list of Jeongguk's confessions

Taehyung laughed when he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to his side to find Jeongguk's father. "Thank you for being there for my son whenever he is alone or anxious, I am truly glad he found a friend in you."

Taehyung smile, his teeth on display and eyes turning into crescents.

"He is like my family now, I will always cherish him", he said to Jeongguk's father before all of them were ushered inside the building.

The members stood by the stairs when Jeongguk came to them bouncing like a bunny.

Taehyung took his hand and gently squeezed it.

I am here.

The maknae was taken to the main hall while the members shuffled to the balcony to view the ceremony.