Unfamiliar Memories · Pt. 18

I stand aside, talking with Maki, Nobara, and Itadori. That's when Fushiguro calls for Itadori and me being nosey, I listen in. Well, it's not like they were exactly being quiet.

"Something happened didn't it?" Fushiguro says. I can tell by the tone of his voice that he knows something is up. I have to hold back the urge to turn around and drag Itadori from the conversation, and I'm glad I do.

"I'm okay. In fact, thanks to what happened, I don't wanna lose to anyone anymore." He states. I close my eyes momentarily.
How do you do it, Itadori? I still haven't even convinced myself of the truth.

"Let's go and win this!" He says as we approach to begin the event. Regardless of my scrambled thoughts, I smile. The energy this group gives off is more than enough to keep me going, even if I don't know them all too well. "Who put you in charge?" Maki questions, kicking Itadori aside. At that point I can't help but burst out laughing.

I take another step and a wave of dizziness hits suddenly. "You okay?" Itadori asks, noticing my sudden halt. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment before opening them and smiling at him. "Yeah sorry, don't know what that was." I say as I continue walking. As I walk past him a small voice seems to echo in the back of my mind as it laughs, but the all too familiar voice fades as I walk away from Itadori.

-

We listen to Gojo on the speakers as he gives the go ahead for the event to begin. I stich with the group as they discuss the possible location of the curse and plan. A grade 3 curse appears and Maki goes after it, however before she can a guy from the other school bursts through.

"Good! Everyone's here! Let's have everyone come at me all at once!" He shouts, only to be met with a knee to the face delivered by Itadori. My eyes widen slightly both in shock and amusement.
Now that was awesome.

Maki shouts for us to split up and we do. I stick with Maki and Fushiguro as we run, me trying my best to ignore the fight behind us.
Somethings wrong.

"Everyone is there." I say in realization as I stop. The two stop and look back at me in confusion. I hesitate realizing I forgot to tell them.

I hold up my palm, forming a small grade 4 curse. "I left one where we left Itadori. I can see what a curse I create sees like, but only grade 4. Everyone is there with Itadori." I admit. Their eyes widen as they prepare to run back.

"Wait... They are splitting back up and leaving Todo with him. We should be alright to go." I say. The two nod and we begin to run again. "You know that information would've been good to know before hand." Maki jokes.

"Sorry. It's still a work in progress." I say sheepishly.

Fushiguro takes down the broomstick girl. "Someones coming!" I add as I check the sight of the curse I left to watch our backs.

Maki and Fushiguro go on guard and I step back, not wanting to be in their way. I can't fight, but I don't want to just be in their way. They clash with the two after us and Fushiguro asks the question we've had lingering in our minds since we began.

"Are you guys trying to kill Itadori?" He asks. Before I can hear an answer, Maki sends me off. "Keep going! We can deal with these two." She smirks at me confidently. Hesitantly, I nod and proceed. I wanted to hear the answer to confirm, now not knowing has just left me uneasy, but regardless I keep going.

I'm not sure how long I search but I only managed to find one low grade curse, however I didn't see anyone.

I stopped to take a short break as I consider where I would be able to find any other curses and where the others would possibly be in order to regroup. I find myself walking into a small clearing as I search around. I hold out my palm as to create a curse or two to search however just as I create the first one something hits me.

I feel something smash against my temple in the blink of an eye. It only hit a small area but its enough for everything to start to fade. My vision blurs as the curse in my palm dies out as well.

What was that? It was too fast to react. Maybe a technique from the other school? I think Maki mentioned one girl with a technique the could explain it. Damn.

Suddenly my thoughts become simpler til they become nothing and everything goes completely blank. Everything goes blank all aside from a gut feeling of uneasiness.

Once again I'm conscious though not physically. I "wake" up in the black room once more. I glance around wondering what my visions or whatever they are will throw at me this time. I've seen the dead, I've been in the head of a curse. I've seen places before actually seeing them. What could possibly happen this time?

As nothing happens I begin to walk, my footsteps echoing in the emptiness. I hear scratching behind me and quickly turn around. I look around to see no one but instead see something scratched into the floor.

Who are you?

I look at the writing questioningly. What? When I hear footsteps depart I look up to see the figure of my father, walking away. My mouth gapes slightly as I run after him but no matter how fast I run and how slow he walks, I can't seem to close off the distance.

"D-dad stop!" I call out. His movements stop as he turns around slowly and I can't help but freeze at the sight. It's the same as before only the bruises are darker and there's more blood. Pale would be an understatement.

His face is blank until he smiles. No, not smiles. He smirks. I'm confused but I approach. He begins to fade just like before and my eyes widen. "No no no no not again!" I run raster but he's already gone. I hold back tears as I mentally face palm. What else did I expect?

I look around and something catches my eye. I approach it to see something on the floor, wrapped lazily in a dirty cloth. The feeling of danger and uneasiness grows the closer I get, but I've learned to continue forwards despite it.

Once I reach it, I crouch down next to it and hesitantly reach for it. I feel my heart beat quicken as I do, and reasonably so. As I touch it everything blurs.

Wait. Who's that? Who are they?
What is happening? I can't tell...
Too much, too fast.
Are these memories?
These aren't my memories.

Emotions flood through me as lives flash before my eyes, but not mine, but it all feels so familiar. It's like deja vu. They feel like mine but they aren't.
The emotions are overwhelming.

Fear. Despair. Anger. Confused. Denial.
And.... Love? Wait what?
I don't have time to think as the images continue to flash. Despite how fast they pass through, I can see them. I know what's happening in which almost as if I were to be experiencing them.
Finally they begin to slow until it lands on one last, final image.

My eyes widen. He doesn't look so scary and oddly enough there's not a hint of malice as I stare at the image of the male, then everything goes black again.

-

Uhhh hi-
Honestly, I have no excuse for the rare updates anymore, just lazy. I have two weeks off school coming up so I plan to work on this a lot more.