Welcome · Pt. 17

So I'm reading the Jujutsu Kaisen manga right now and figured I'd right this as I read to make it easier. In other words, I'm taking it off hiatus :)

-

"That looks a little uncomfortable- also not that I'm refusing or anything but shouldn't this be about Itadori revealing he's alive?" I question, glancing at the large box Gojo placed in front of Itadori and I.

"Well yeah but Itadori and I thought it would be fun for both of you to!" Gojo says pointing at the box. "Come on Y/n!" Itadori urges on. I sigh, giving in. "Fine, fine."

Honestly, I'm still upset about my dad and despite him not showing it, Itadori is still upset about Junpei. Still, him and I both have been finding ways to keep ourselves distracted from what I can tell. Up until today he's been training more, but he doesn't seem to think I've noticed.

I can't blame him though, I haven't told anyone about my dad yet. Having to tell someone what happened would mean accepting that it actually happened. A part of me still seems to think he's just at home with mom, and that he's been too busy woth work to call. It's easier that way I guess.

Regardless, today is my first day. I'm making my entrance with Itadori. I'm excited, just not about being crammed into a box.

Itadori gets in first. It's large enough for the both of us to fix, but mainly if we are close together. Like, close close. I get in after, both of us embarrassed about our current awkward position as I sit practically on his lap while he's partially on his back, leaned against the side.

"Have fun love birds, remember the plan." Gojo teases before closing the box. "Well this is awkward" I joke. "Oi brat, switch with me." Sukuna makes his appearance in demand. I blush at the realization and have to hold myself back from slapping Sukuna, knowing it'll only hurt Itadori.

"No!" But Itadori and I state in sync. Sukuna grumbles a bit but knows he wouldn't win this argument so goes back to wherever he is when he's not talking through Itadori.

We stay in an awkward silence as the box moves on the cart until finally, it stops. Itadori and I smile at each other as we hear Gojo now handing out the souvenirs from the outside.

"And for everyone from Tokyo, we have this!" He says proudly. I grow slightly dizzy as the box spins until we stop. "Overly excited adults are creepy." A voice says. I can't tell who as the box muffles it. The box snaps open.

First it's me. I jump up quickly and awkwardly, a little too excited to get out of the cramped box. "Uh... Yo" I say awkwardly as I shoot a peace sign at the 5 standing in front of us, only recognizing 2 of them.

"Oh, it's that one girl." The one I recognize as Nobara says. Fushiguro looks at me in confusion. "Y/n?" He says. "Oh right, I'm not the surprise, we just thought it would be funny." I explain, stepping out of the box before it closes again. "What are you-?" He's not able to finish his sentence before the box opens again.

Itadori makes his reveal, standing up slowly before smiling brightly shouting "Hey!" while posing. I smile lightly as I watch from next to Gojo.

He seems to notice and nudges me a little. When I look at him he's smirking while raising his eyebrows, looking at Itadori and I. I roll my eyes and turn my attention away from him, ignoring the blush on my face.

"It's your departed friend, Itadori Yuji-kun!" Gojo announces. Honestly, I feel bad for the boy as his 2 friends look more horrified than excited. He notices to. "Huh!? They don't seem happy at all!"

When he realizes the ones from Kyoto aren't paying attention either I sigh, practically hearing his thoughts just from the look on his face. I'm just about to help him out of the box and hug him when the other two walk over, Nobara kicking the box to gain his attention.

I step to the side awkwardly as I watch. "Hey." "Uh, yes?" "You got something to say?" Nobara says as tears brim her eyes slightly. "I'm sorry for keeping quiet about being alive and all..." He mutters. I face palm at the awkward, casual apology.

And so the Kyoto sister school goodwill event begins. Well, the meeting at least.

Nobara ends up forcing Itadori to sit holding up a frame with a now on top as I sit next to him and by the panda. Yes, a panda. Needless to say, sitting next to a talking panda was never exactly on the to-do list yet here I am.

"Don't you think this is a bit harsh?" "Just sit there and shut up." Nobara says, her back facing us. I can't help but let out a small chuckle. Panda tries to somewhat defend him and Inumaki says something. I'm not sure what though; I don't speak food(yet).

Fushiguro explains his limited speech to us. When Maki requests for "demon slaughter" back I look at him and his expression tells me he either broke it, or lost it. So instead, he says that Gojo has it. I sigh at the obvious lie but I don't say anything.

"Why are you here by the way Y/n?" Fushiguro looks at me and so do the rest. I hesitate awkwardly at the sudden attention on me. "Uhhh. It's sort of hard to explain." I take a moment to think about it.

"Basically I'm half human half curse? That's just what I was told. I don't really know the specifics... There's a few other things but it's all hard to explain-" I stop talking when I look up to see a few confused and shocked faces, aside from Itadori.

I take a step back and duck behind Itadori to hide from the staring eyes. "How the heck does that work??" Nobara questions. "Well... I'm not sure. Um, I'm here so that I can be kept an eye on until I can control a few things.".

Maki nods and the subject changes as they discuss what to do now with two extras.

"What can you two do?" Panda asks.
"Punch and kick." "We've got enough of those."
"Create curses and talk to them in their heads?" "Not even going to question it."

"I don't know what he was up to while he was gone, but when it comes to a brawl without any cursed energy involved, Itadori would win." Fushiguro states confidently. The aura in the room changes. "Interesting."

"I don't know about Y/n though." "That's understandable."