Chapter 47 - Silver Moon Masacre

Start from the beginning

Feeling our questioning gazes, she got up and walked towards a wall where a map of the whole of Silver Moon's large territory could be seen as well as the neighboring lands around it.

Anna stared at it for a moment when she suddenly went to point at something on the map before turning back to us.

"Right here." She said.

"The southwestern portion of the pack." Mason pointed out.

"Not exactly. Look closer." I told him.

Sebastian and him did as I said and soon enough, a look of realization slowly formed on their faces.

Their minds working up the new information that the female vampire had given them. But from what I can tell, I think I already have an idea of just how the taking of my brother-inlaw's pack was suppose to take place.

"That's well beyond the southwestern border of our pack. And well beyond their patrol paths."

"Given, a few miles maybe??" Raphael cut himself in after my brother's words. He got up from sitting on his seat which was across from mine before going to stand beside his sister who was still in front of the map.

"What time were you guys attacked??" I asked.

"About a few minutes passed nine thirty. Sebastian and I were training most of our pack warriors. Well, we were on our thirty minute break when the rogues and... their friends suddenly came." Mason went to explain to me.

"Friends?? What are you saying??" I asked. "You know what, we'll all take this one at a time. You said that you and your warriors were taking a thirty minute break when they attacked. How long have you guys been training for in the morning??"

"It's scheduled at six thirty in the morning till nine thirty. Then a half hour break before continuing till twelve noon." Sebastian answered. Slightly scrunching his face at me before asking, "Are you trying to tell us that they planned to attack while we were on our break??"

"It's possible." I said sitting up straighter as my mind worked. "From what I can come up with and from what you all told me, it's very likely that whoever attacked you planned to do it while you were on your break after a very extensive training session."

"You said that most of your warriors attended your training right??" I clarified to which Mason immediately answered by nodding his head. "Well attacking just when you were on your break would somewhat ensure that you and your warriors would be tired or exhausted."

"They killed your patrol early within the day and secretly brought their bodies well outside of your pack territory to lessen the chances of them being discovered." I started to say. "Slowly, things went into place. Some of them went to wait around the main areas where pack members are while the majority of their forces quietly surrounded you all in your training grounds. They watched. They waited. And finally, they struck when you least expected."

"Why couldn't they just attack at night then?? We'd all be asleep." Mason went to asked.

"It'd still be a better option to attack at a time when the majority of an enemy's fighting force are all in one general area. Take them all out, and they'd have a better chance at taking down the whole pack when there are lesser warriors left to defend it." I explained before breathing out a sigh.

"That's what I'd do if it were my plan." I added.

The four of them silently thought over my explanation to them for a moment, but then Mason still had an unsure look on his face. And I soon found out his reason since he then spoke out.