Chapter 17

Amelia's POV

"Aurora likes Nicolo, right?" That was Wendy.

"Nope," I said directly.

"Then?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"She loves him" I looked at her, realizing that she did not understand what I meant.

"I said the same thing" She raised her eyebrows.

"No. Like is when you know the best side of someone and like them. Love is when you know the worst side that someone could ever have, and you still love that person with all your heart" So I gave such an explanation. I do not know whether it is right or wrong.

"Even if you don't seem to know, you know a lot" Wendy pinched my hair.

"People who know a lot do not show that they know" I gave her a proud look.

"O really?" She hit me with a pillow.

"I have something to show you" I took a small box out of my cupboard. I opened the box and picked up another small black box about the half-width of my thumb. I went downstairs with her.

"Is that a jewelry box?" asked Wendy.

"Are you crazy? This is 'Arebi'. One of the best-hidden cameras. The high-quality video outperforms typical 1080p cameras. This camera has a built Wi-Fi connection so we can check footage from our phones" I explained.

"Does it work on battery?" That was Enrico.

"This tiny battery-powered unit records for up to 100 days on a charge, if you turn off the Wi-Fi otherwise, it lasts up to 10 days" I replied him.

"How did you get that?" Pius sat next to me.

"It doesn't matter to you" I ignored him. "I forgot to say one more thing. This has a microphone" I added what I had forgotten.

"Let's test this camera. Let's hide this between the flowers of the vase in the kitchen" Cinet requested us.

"That's a good idea. Wait, I'll connect this to my phone" I connected it and gave it to him. As he said, he hid it in the flower vase in the kitchen.

"Now let's see if it works," I said so and leaned back on the sofa. About five minutes later a message came to my phone. When the sensor of the camera sensed something, a message came to my phone. That was the way it worked.

"A massage" Pius quickly came towards me.

"Ya," When I opened the message, I saw the footage. Aurora was in the kitchen and she was making cereal. Nicolo also came into the kitchen. I wanted to hear what Nicolo was saying so I turned up the volume and went to the garden. Pius also followed me.

"Good morning, babe. You were late waking up today, right?" Nicolo hugged Aurora from behind. Pius asked the others to come out as well so they came. We turned our attention back to the footage.

"Ya. Good morning, Nico" She ran his finger through his hair. I thought at the time that she would like to do that because she always did that.

"This ring is beautiful for you" Nicolo grabbed her hand and kissed her hand.

"Because that is your love" Aurora kissed his cheek. Nicolo hugged her from behind and pecked on her neck.

"It's not ethical to watch this anymore, is it? Let's leave them a little bit of privacy, shall we?" I closed the footage.

"Amelia, now you don't want to hide behind the kitchen door and look at them, do you?" Cinet winked at me.

"I did not but you did" I stared at Cinet.