chapter 69: Savage thief

Jake led the ground team on the ground as they searched for the Atrociraptors however the bushes began to shake and the group readied their weapons however a herd of five Nasutoceratops emerged from the forest. "Hey Owen did you ever see Nasutoceratops on isla Nublar?" Jake asked and Owen just shook his head in responce.

"Lower your weapons, they're not a threat." Appo said and his fellow clone troopers lowered their weapons in responce.

"Let them pass, we're in no big hurry anyways." Jake said as the final Nasutoceratops crossed in front of them. Jake then continued to lead until a woman's scream echoed through the trees sending chills up everyone's spines and gunshots rung out followed by a loud Velociraptor like screech.

"What the hell was that?!?" Echo asked raising his rifle his eyes darting around for any sign of danger.

"Someone else is out here and hunting the Atrociraptors...." Jake said going quiet and Appo spoke up.

"And by the sounds of things, they're not using tranquilizers." Jake motioned for the ground to pick up the pace. However they soon came upon the sight of a massacre. Human bodies lay everywhere the corpses weren't even identifiable.

"This is disgusting." Echo muttered and he took off his helmet and vomited onto the ground. Hevy looked away from the bodies while Howzer and Kix covered Darius and Brooklynn's eyes.

"What do you think did this?" Appo asked Jake and Owen and the two looked at the corpses.

"Definitely a Raptor, but not blue." Owen said and Jake walked towards the corpses. One body was completely missing it's head and hand.

"Whatever did this is clearly not alone." Jake said as looked over at one corpse that stood out, it wasn't human but a dinosaur.

Jake walked up to the dead dinosaur and crouched down to get a better look. He noticed how it was almost the same as a Velociraptor but had a more box like head and was stockier. "Ever seen this species of Raptor before?" Jake asked Owen as he walked up.

"Not I haven't." Owen said as Jake stood up, however the same screech they heard earlier echoed throughout the trees.

"Stay close everyone." Jake said as the clone troopers of the 501st drew their weapons. Fox unsheathed the Dark saber (It's now just a black bladed sword by the way), Thorne hoisted up his Z6 rotary cannon and the blasters cylinder which the barrels were attached to started to rotate slowly.

Vaughn cocked his DC-16b shotgun while Brooklynn picked up a branch. "Circle formation! Now!" Appo called out and everyone got into a circle formation. 

That's when a red, brown, and gray raptor burst from the bushes screeching and others followed. Jake round housed kicked the raptor charging towards him in the face with his foot and it stumbled backwards. "They're Atrociraptors!" darius called out as Thorne had just gunned down two of the raptors. 

"They weren't on Ingen's list that's for sure." Fox said as he swung his blade at an Atrociraptor but it dodged his blade but he punched it hard in the nose. Jake then shapeshifted into his Acrocanthosaurus form and roared at the Atrociraptors but they leaped at him.

Jake clamped his jaws onto an Atrociraptors' tail and threw it at a tree were it fell to the ground dead while he smacked another one away with his tail. The raptors then fled as Jake roared again and when he was sure they were gone he shifted back.

"Whoever made those Atrociraptors clearly didn't know how to deal with them." Jake said as Brooklynn poked a dead Atrociraptor in the head with her branch and jumped back when she thought she saw the raptor move.