Chapter 21: law and justice

Jake couldn't believe what the court had said, all six campers were going to be put in maximum security prisons around the world because of something that was out of their control. "So your sending them to prisons because they were turned into dinosaurs then forced to attack Chicago by Raptor dyne. Even though Ben saved the city." Jake stated dryly with his hand clenched into a fist.

"For accounts of massacring soldiers and innocent people and property damage." The judge said and Jake sighed in hopelessness and sat down in his chair.

"Your honour I would like to say something." Brooklynn said and the judge nodded to her.

"We were in our own bodies but not in control, something had a grip on our minds and forced us to act like the monsters that the footage shows on there. However the one responsible for this is Victor Veloci, he made the radion dish that activated the monsters inside us." Brooklynn stated with a tear in her eye as she remembered all the people she killed without able to do anything about it. "I-if it wasn't for my dad and Ben Pincus I'm afraid we would've killed each other." Brooklynn said and sat down.

"It's clear to me that you six were not in control of your actions. However you six will be locked in quarantine for two weeks to eliminate any chances of those things returning." The judge said and Jake sighed in relief. "Brooklynn glantin your only visitors will be your mother and father, the one that has been there for your whole life. The rest of you the same rules apply." The judge said and Brooklynn's eyes widened and she took a step backwards and said.

"But my biological father is Jake Olivo, Markus glantin is my step father." Yasmina and the others looked at each other confused about why Brooklynn's step dad would be able to visit and not her actual father.

"There is no buts, case dismissed." The judge stated and hit his small wooden hammer on the wooden cylinder on his desk and they walked out of the room.

"I can't wait to be reunited with my step dad and mother." Brooklynn said sarcastically as she packed. "Just because my real dad wasn't there for thirteen years doesn't mean he's not family." Brooklynn was talking to herself and she walked over to the mirror in her roar and she jumped back when she saw her reflection. For a second Brooklynn's reflection was that of a Gojirasaurus but this one was younger and the spikes were just small Bumps and the dorsal fins were developed yet. However when she blinked her reflection was back to normal, Brooklynn then finished packing and she hugged her dad tightly and then walked off to the car that would take her to the place she would be isolated not noticing Jake glaring at vehicle with absolute hate.

"She's going to be fine honey." Amber said while holding Jake's hand and Jake just said.

"I hope so, or else I'll tear her step father until he's nothing but bloody ribbons." Amber looked at Jake in surprise and she could only guess why Jake was so angry. Things were not on a good note when the two had their last interaction, the two then walked away and Brooklynn sat in the back of the car as it drove off to the quarantine building Brooklynn was going to be held in. When she walked inside the room she felt like she was in a cage, there was a large room with a simple prison bed, bathroom, and table with a chair and there was a large window that she could communicate with her "family" through. Brooklynn then threw her bag down on the bed and she sat down and put her face in her hands and silently cried. She already missed her dad and the whole 501st.

Jake sat in his room in the venator looking at the floor and thinking, all he could think about was how bad of a father he was for not being there for his daughter her whole life and how he would tear apart Brooklynn's step dad if he hurt her. "Hey Jake are you up to talking?" Amber asked and Jake looked at her but remained silent. Brooklynn meanwhile tried for force herself to shapeshift but she couldn't, the antidote that she was given must've destroyed all traces of ant primordial ooze in her body but that couldn't be possible then she remembered the catch phrase Jake would say when he went dinosaur "Go dino!" Brooklynn said and she began to shapeshift. Her pointed and middle finger fused together same with her other two fingers while her thumb repositioned itself completely, Brooklynn then felt her toes become that of a classical therapod dinosaur and her legs then stretched and changed to support the weight of whatever dinosaur Brooklynn was shapeshift by into. Brooklynn then felt her face lengthen out into that similar to a Spinosaur and a small sail sprouted from her back. Brooklynn's hair disappeared completely and was she was covered in pink and gray scales with a tan underbelly and she looked herself over. 'I think I'm a Spinosaurus but the sail so to small for one my age..... maybe I'm a Suchomimus or the Irrator species darius talked about.' Brooklynn said to herself telepathicly however her thoughts were cut off when she noticed her parents watching and she stared at them and waved awkwardly at them.

"I am getting that Olivo over here to he can fix my daughter." Brooklynn heard her step dad say angrily and she just facepalmed in annoyance as her step dad called the judge up to make it so Jake could visit Brooklynn.