chapter 27: training session

Jake was slightly annoyed that he couldn't move to much while he was healing, Jake watched as Appo and Hardcase dueled each other using wooden staffs. Jake noticed how Appo was staying on the defensive while Hardcase was on the offensive, Jake watched as Hardcase was getting tired out from Appo's constant dodging.  Appo then knocked the wooden staff out of Hardcase's hands and it clattered to the floor and Hardcase put his hands in the air and Appo just smirked. "Better luck next time Hardcase." Appo said to Hardcase and walked off and Hardcase stood up and picked up his fallen training staff and followed Appo out of the sparring pit. Jake then walked into the sparring pit and picked up a training staff and swung it around slightly. Jake was hesitant to do anything more then just twirling it around in his hands and he sat down and looked at the training weapon that lay in his hands and he looked at the bandages the were wrapped around his neck, left shoulder, a part of his chest, and his left arm and he sighed in annoyance.

"So this is what my little brother has been doing." A voice said behind Jake and he got up the staff in his hands and that's when a person stepped out of the shadows.

"I'm taller then you Edward." Jake stated looking at him and he could tell that he had a some similarities to Yasmina. They had the same hair colour and eye colour.

"Yeah but I am older." Edward stated however before Jake could say anything they heard to people bickering and the two looked over to see Yasmina and Brooklynn bickering about something.

"Would you two like to share what you're bickering about?" Edward and Jake asked the two girls at the same time.

"We were bickering about who's the better fighter." Brooklynn said glaring at her cousin and Yasmina returned the glare back to Brooklynn.

"Well then Jake let's just get this over with." Edward stated grabbing a training staff and Jake took a defensive stance. Edward swung his staff at Jake but he just blocked the strikes and Edward jabbed Jake in the left shoulder and Jake grunted in pain. Yasmina had a very noticeable smile on her face and Brooklynn was looking kinda disappointed and scared. But Jake turned the tide of the duel when he swung his staff at Edward and Edward blocked but Jake then swept Edward's legs out from underneath him and Edward crashed to the floor with a thud and Jake aimed his staff at Edward's neck. Jake then looked at his daughter and niece and just said to Edward.

"You underestimate your enemy Edward, and that could lead to more then defeat." Jake said and he pulled his step brother up from the floor.

"Yeah yeah I get it, no need to rub the feeling of defeat in more then you have little brother." Edward said to Jake and he just huffed in annoyance. Jake then looked at the two girls and he stated.

"Enjoy being taller for now Yaz, because Brooklynn is probably going to be taller then you." Yasmina then thought of a taller version of Brooklynn and she just sighed.

"Yeah your right Uncle Jake she will probably get taller." Jake then unexpected punched Edward in the arm.

"That's for jabbing me in one of my wounded spots." Jake said as Edward rubbed his arm in pain.

"You may be human Jake but you hit like a Pachycephalosaurus." Edward said to Jake and he just glared at him. Brooklynn meanwhile thought of what other forms Jake has that he has yet to show.

"Anyway what is my older step brother doing here?" Jake finally asked Edward and he said.

"I also heard about Amber your soulmate going missing from my clone commander Woffle." Jake blushed slightly when Edward called Amber Jake's soulmate.

"Huh I guess word travels fast doesn't it." Jake said to Edward who just nodded in confirmation.