Chapter 12: beast meets mech

The world watched from their electronics as the Jaeger suit was picked up by a gunship and the hybrids corpse was burnt until nothing was left but ashes. Almost immediately funding came in for more of these armours to be constructed to deal with monsters like the one that attacked the camp site. Jake looked at the list of Jaeger suits stationed around the world "In Eastern Asia there's Tacit Ronin piloted by Mako sofi, Poseidon titanic piloted by Jason Ikira, Coyote Tango piloted by Shinji korn, the list goes on." Jake said reading the list out loud while scrolling down on the data pad. Jake was extremely impressed that so many people signed up so fast to pilot an armoured suit that could take out a fully grown Indominus Rex with ease and could possibly destroy an entire squad of tanks if it got the chance to. Jake set the data pad on the table in front of him after turning it off and walked off to the troop barracks. "Nice move kid...." Jake heard Hardcase's voice say ".... But now you left your forces vulnerable to an attack from the flank." Jake then walked in seeing Hardcase and Brooklynn playing a board game of some kind with miniature versions of clone troopers and barbarians "Are you two playing Risk?" Jake asked sitting down "Yeah, but Hardcase is kicking my butt." Brooklynn said as Jake looked at the board showing Brooklynn's troops surrounded by a bunch of Clone troopers and AT-TE's "Huh. I see that Hardcase not only has more troops but has surrounded you on all sides." Jake said looking at Hardcase's strategies "However Brooklynn you could've launched a surprise attack with your troopers that were stationed higher north." Jake said noticing some of Brooklynn's troops were higher up North. "But Hardcase captured your base so he wins." Jake said shrugging and the two players looked at him dumbfounded that he was able to identify a strategy that neither Brooklynn or Hardcase thought of. "Anyways Hardcase have you seen Appo around?" Jake said finally getting down to business and Hardcase shook his head and said "No I haven't seen him recently, but I think he's in the shooting range." Jake then stood up and walked off towards the shooting range. Jake then looked inside the room to see five 501st troopers firing on the targets on the back of the wall but Appo wasn't among them. Jake then walked past the reading hall and he noticed Appo reading a file with his helmet resting on the table. Jake walked into the room and began looking through the shelves of files, Appo then stopped reading and then said "General you'll need to look at this." Jake then walked over to his commander and he sat down on a chair and he then read the file "Wait this says that InGen was experimenting on some sort of orange substance that could mutate an animals genetics...... this sounds like something raptor dyne would do." Jake said and he passed the paper back to Appo who said in reply "We have yet to pin point the lab yet." Jake nodded but then noticed something in the walls of files and he grabbed onto one that was slightly dangling from the shelf it was resting on. When he pulled it out he then noticed a large red "Classified" stamp was the front, Jake then flipped it open and began to read the contents inside. What he found was quite horrifying. 'InGen experimenting on people to find a way to make more intelligent dinosaurs. What the hell is wrong with them?' Jake thought to himself and he looked over at Appo who was busy putting away the file he was looking at. "Hey Appo do you know of InGen's experiments on humans?" Jake asked his commander who froze up immediately "Why do you ask general?" Appo replied back curiosity in his voice and Jake just slid the file he was reading to Appo who then opened it. "From what I know which is very little. InGen without Claire dearing or Simon Masarani's knowledge began to experiment on adult humans to make more intelligent dinosaurs. Thankfully the ARC troopers managed to stop them and thankfully no permanent damage was done."

Jake then asked Appo "Are their any of those ARC troopers here?" The clone trooper commander thought for a moment and then said "There is one, his name is Alpha-17. He keeps to himself mainly." Jake then got up from his seat and walked off to the barracks hoping to find this "Alpha-17" ARC trooper "And General you'll mainly find him in the barracks on the far left." Appo shouted to him and Jake continued off in that direction. When Jake entered the barracks he noticed that there was only a few clone troopers that called it home. "Alpha-17?" Jake called out into the dark room and he immediately noticed a clone trooper look up at him "That's my name. Who's asking?" The clone trooper spoke with a slight Australian accent "I'm general Jake Olivo..." the ARC trooper knew where this was going and he said "It's about the experimented humans isn't it?" Jake paused for a moment and the ARC trooper stood up and walked up to Jake. "InGen treated them like animals. They kept them in test tubes filled with water. Supplying them with air, water, and liquid food." Alpha said to Jake with a dead serious tone in his voice. "When we showed up and got them out of that horrible place they had severe PTSD. Some even committed suicide, I would've shot the man responsible for all this if I had the chance." Alpha-17 said continuing and Jake got the image in his head "The man was named 'Vic Hoskins'." A bell instantly rung in Jake's mind "He was the head of Jurassic world's security and was murdered by the velociraptor known as Delta." Jake said and the ARC trooper relaxed a bit "Good that son of a bitch died." Alpha said and Jake could tell there was pure emotion in his voice. "Alpha is there any other ARC troopers here who can..." Jake trailed off when his communicator started vibrate on his arm and he pushed the accept button "General there's someone who would like to speak to you." An unfamiliar voice said and Jake walked down to the hanger to see a group of clones aiming their weapons at someone. Jake looked over to see a women in mandolarian armour looking straight at him. "Who is that?" Jake asked the clone trooper who came up to him "Unknown sir." The clone trooper replied looking straight at the woman and Jake knew that this was the same clone trooper who contacted him "What's your trooper?" Jake asked and the clone trooper replied with "Fordo sir." Jake then said "Well Fordo tell the men to stand down, I'll handle this." Fordo nodded and motioned for the 501st clone troopers to stand down and Jake walked past them towards the woman "Who are you?" Jake asked and the woman grabbed her helmet and lifted it off her head.

Author note:
Yeah that's right a cliff hanger. Now anyway here's the design for Alpha-17 and Fordo.

 Now anyway here's the design for Alpha-17 and Fordo