Chapter 47: no voice

Brooklynn sat impatiently in the medical bay as Jake and Kix talked. Yasmina sat next to her to comfort her cousin but Brooklynn just sat in silence. "Everything's going to be fine Brooklynn." Yasmina said to the younger girl and Brooklynn just let out a sigh and tried talking again.

"Breep boop Bree." Brooklynn spoke and then slumped in sadness. Yasmina was trying her best not to laugh at Brooklynn's damaged voice.

"Keep trying Brook." Yasmina said and Brooklynn tried to speak again.

"Breop boop areo." Yasmina stared at Brooklynn after she finished and then started to laugh slightly. "Bree boop shree." Brooklynn said and she activated her new battle mask to hide her face.

"I'm sorry." Yasmina said apologizing to Brooklynn who just crossed her arms.

"I've got good news and bad news." Kix said walking in and Yasmina looked at the clone medic.

"What's the good news?" Yasmina asked and Kix said.

"Brooklynn's regeneration has healed up most of her injuries." Yasmina then asked.

"What's the bad news?" Kix then sighed and spoke up.

"She won't be able to speak properly again, we would do surgery to move her voice box back into place but there's to much of a risk of her dying during the surgery." Brooklynn looked at the ground in sadness while Yasmina's heart sank.

"Wait she'll never be able to speak any language again?" Yasmina asked and Kix just nodded.

"I already told Jake and he's taking it well sorta." Kix said and Brooklynn thought of ways she would communicate. Silent-language was her first choice but then remembered how difficult it was to learn. She then thought she could speak using her phone's microphone, but then she thought that it wouldn't work since she had all but forgotten how to use a phone. "You two should get going I have people will more major injuries to take care of." Kix then said and the two girls left.

"We need to figure out how you'll be able to speak." Yasmina said to Brooklynn and she just shook her head. "Why not?" Yasmina asked and that's when Brooklynn thought of something. Brooklynn then wrote down.

"What if we use the comm units so you can understand me." Yasmina then ran over to Jake to see him smashing training droids with an axe which looked like Optimus primes axe from transformers animated.

"Hey uncle we found a way for Brooklynn to talk!" Yasmina said as Jake sliced the final training droid in half.

"Well what is your idea?" Jake asked about the deactivate his battle mask.

"Wait don't deactivate your battle mask." Yasmina said and Jake stopped his battle mask from deactivating. "Okay Brooklynn try speaking into your comm link." Yasmina said and Brooklynn spoke into her comm unit.

"-Is it working-?" Brooklynn asked her voice sounding like someone put a voice modifier that made her voice sound electronical.

"It's working." Jake said into his comm unit which was on his ear, his new battle mask looked like Optimus primes ear fins and Battle mask.

"-I guess this is how I'll be speaking for now on I guess-." Brooklynn said and Jake just replied with.

"Yeah it's good if you want to be stealthy."

Author note

Just think of this but remove everything about the battle mask aside from the circles on the side of the head

This is Jake's axe basically.