Ch-23, The Strength Of Love

Beginne am Anfang

"Pati Babu!" She murmured, as her head was spinning due to the pain.

She let out a low shriek and Vibhavari just rubbed her palm to calm her down.

"Don't worry, Boudi!" som said, looking back from the rear view mirror. "We'll just reach in a few minutes!"

That did calm Bondita, but that wasn't what she wanted to listen at that moment. She just wanted her Pati Babu's arms to support her and hold her tightly.

As they reached the hospital, Vibhavari  straight away took Bondita inside and lied her down on the bed. Somnath went to call the doctor and he even brought Vibhavari's coat on his way back.

The doctor came and after discussing a few things with Vibhavari, came to Bondita.

"Mrs. Roy Chowdhary! Your contractions have started but they are still not complete, and thus you aren't ready for the delivery yet. These contractions and your pain will gradually increase and once the contractions reach the desired level, we'll continue further." He said softly.
"You just have to stay strong!"

As the doctor went out, Anirudh came running inside the room. He had recieved Maa's call when he was busy in some hearing. As soon as he got the news, he quickly went home and came along drove to the clinic.

As Bondita saw her Pati Babu, her eyes welled up with tears of relief. She knew that when he was with her, she could fight anything bravely.
He held on her hand and smiled at her, tears in his eyes too. He was equally nervous as Bondita, but he had to look after her first.

"Dada, I don't think that Doctor Chatterjee would allow you in here!" Vibhavari spoke nervously.

"Vibha, please talk to Dr. Chatterjee!" Bondita urged. "I need my Pati Babu here with me!"

Anirudh too looked at her expectantly and Vibhavari just smiled and went out to talk to her senior doctor.

"He agreed happily, Didi!" She told happily, coming back.
"Dada can stay here!"

Anirudh just sat on a stool beside Bondita's bed, stroking her hair lovingly. Bondita had forgotten her pain for a short time as Anirudh was with her, but the pain again took over her and her eyes filled up with tears.

Anirudh had been prepared for this moment, but suddenly all his knowledge, all his wit seemed to get lost in the oblivion! He just couldn't understand what he should do. He just sat their holding her hands and calming her down with his words.

"Bondi!... Shona, it'll be alright! We need to stay strong. I am here with you, all the time!" He said, rubbing her palm and touching her cheek softly.

"Pati Babu, I am not scared." She said. "I'm just nervous! And this pain!..." She let out a moan. "It's increasing with every passing second!"

Anirudh looked at her with helpless eyes. If it was ever in his hands, he would have taken away all her pain and made her smile for once. But he knew, that her pain will only go after she holds her child in her arms.

"Bondi, when you'll get our Little Angel in your arms, all this pain will go away in the blink of an eye! Till then, I'm here to hold your hand and  take away all your pain, Jaan!" He said softly and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Vibhavari had gone out to tell everything to Maa and everyone else and arrange for Bondita's delivery. It was just Anirudh who accompanied his wife in the room.

"I love you, Pati Babu!" Bondita murmured with a small smile as again the pain started taking over her.

"I love you so much more, Shona!" He said and kissed her knuckles lovingly.

Just like this, a few hours had passed, witnessing Anirudh's care for his Bondita. Soon rhe doctor came again and smiled at Anirudh.

"I'll check your contractions again, Mrs. Roy Chowdhary!" A nurse told and checked Bondita up. Telling it to the doctor, the nurse went away.

"I think the time is near." The doctor told with a smile.
"I'll just give you an injection, which will help you attain the required contractions and take you into labour! You just need to cooperate, Mrs. Chowdhary!"

As the doctor gave the injection to Bondita, her pain started increasing. Firstly, she clutched Anirudh's hand tightly, digging her nails in his skin. He too was about to scream in pain, as her nails dug into his skin, but he quickly covered his mouth with his other hand.

Bondita let out a few shrieks, before breaking down into tears. Her pain was becoming intolerable gradually and she just couldn't bear it! It felt as if the bones in her lower body were breaking altogether.

"Pati Babuuu!" She cried. "Do something, Please!"

"Calm down! Calm down! Jaan! Its just a matter of a few minutes." Anirudh said, being even more nervous.

He was much more panicked than Bondita and everyone could see that.

"Doctor! Nurse, please call the doctor!" Anirudh called out and the doctor was already on his way to the room.

He quickly came and instructed everyone to start with their assigned works.

"Mrs. Chowdhary, now we'll start with the final process. Dont worry and cooperate with us!" He said softly and  called for the nurse.

"Pati Babu!" Bondita looked at him with little tears in her eyes and saw him already crying fearfully.

"Doctor, nothing would happen to my Bondita, right?" He asked, crying and the doctor gave him a look.

"Calm down, Mr. Roy Chowdhary!" He said as he guided the nurse and Vibhavari to deliver the baby. He could have done that himself too, but Kakasasurji won't allow a male doctor to all this. He wished that Bondita should have consulted a traditional Daai Maa.

"Doctor, how much time wil it take?" He asked again, being really restless and nervous.

Just like this, Anirudh kept on speaking and disturbing the doctor.

"Mr. Roy Chowdhary, please calm down! Or else I'll have to give you the anesthesia instead of your wife!" He said sarcadtically but with a serious look.

"Pati Babu! Please calm down!" She scolded him softly, between her cries and held onto his hand tightly.

Anirudh just sat there quitely, rubbing Bondita's palms.
As her screams intesified along with her pain, he closed his eyes in pain too. He felt so helpless at that moment. He wanted to do somdthing for his wife, but couldn't. He could just sit and support her.

Bondita started loosing her energy, after pushing for so long.

"Don't Faint, Mrs. Roy Chowdhary!" The doctor said sharply and Anirudh along with a nurse patted her cheeks.

_______________________________

I hope you all liked it❤️  This was tough to pen down. Writing about Bondita's pain, I got so scared that I can't describe it. I really didn't want to scare anyone here, so I just kept it simple. This whole process is very Beautiful! ❤️ And I Hope you all get to know a bit through my little knowledge!❤️😘

Pease don't forget to star and Comment the chapter!!❤️❤️
Your Love means a lot!💖

Love, Author!❤️

....