I jerk my hand towards him, whereas he seemingly stayed calm with his eyes on the road.

"What?" I breathed out.

"I've known-... that this was going to happen. But don't worry, I've got this handled and for now, Darling. You're not coming home, I'm putting you in a safe place and I'll tell you more about it once we get there" Kai stated.

I sighed deeply as I felt relief from hearing him say that but because he rubbed his thumb over my hand in a reassuring manner.

-

-

-

We got to the safe place, which was basically a pent house. I looked around and it was pretty huge with such high ceilings which hung a beautiful chandelier and by the living room, there held a piano. I stayed in place as I analyzed the area while feeling uncomfortable and loss from wanting to be back home, with Kai. Although, on cue, Kai wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek.

"It's only for now Darling. Don't get so worked up over nothing. I'll come back okay?" Kai reassured, although I turn around with a sad expression and saw that he had taken off his mask.

"What- you're going to leave me already?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows from being upset and Kai winces at the sight, as if he was hurt from only my expression so he cups on my face.

"Of course not, Darling. I'll be right here until the morning. By then I just have to move things around that will only take an hour, at least. Then I'll be right back, here with you okay?" Kai asked with a reassuring voice that spoke softly.

I simply nodded my head as he pulled me in for a kiss until we heard the door open, whereas kai instantly pushed me behind him and pointed his gun towards the door but it only revealed Chrono and few of his other subordinates.

"WOAH! c'mon now Boss, you knew we were coming to drop off the things you said!" Rappa yelled out as he dropped suitcases onto the ground.

"I take it that you're on edge Boss" Chrono asked.

Kai scoffed as he strapped his gun back into his jacket and placing his mask back on his face.

"If you are all done, leave at once" Kai stated coldly.

I looked at everyone and how they stood, it was obvious they needed to talk to their boss. I clear my throat and Kai looks back at me.

"I'm going upstairs and just look around, I'll be back later" I said before climbing up the stairs and leaving them be.

As I looked around there was about 6 different bedrooms and each one I went into was bigger than the last which did take a portion of my time until I hit the last room. The one that was almost identical to the one Kai and I shared back at our house.

I looked into the closet and the bathroom to see my belongings already neatly put away. I decide to lay on the bed, as I looked at the ceiling, and a thousand thoughts blown into mind, such as; if Kai will be able to make it out safely and out of the hero's reach, that him and I would be okay after being exposed by the police and heros. I sighed deeply as my thoughts drowned me until it was disturbed by the sound of a melody that sounded lovely.

Being curious as I am, I follow the sound to it's location, where I found it came from piano and it was Kai that was the one to play it. I watched by the staircase and watch from afar because I didn't want to ruin the moment. The piano was huge and sat next a wall of glass that had overlooked the city because Kai had gotten us the top floors.

"You like what you hear, Darling?" Kai asked as he stopped playing and turned around to face me, seeing that he had his mask and jacket ontop of the piano.