"Hayley! Are you ok!" He asked looking me over,

"A bit cold," I responded he nodded looking at his hands awkwardly. I was keenly aware of my father brooding in the corner of the room. I'm sure Harry was as well.

"Do you know what the next task is?" I asked,

"No clue,"

"Oh,"

I looked at my brother despite how close we seemed to have grown thanks to the tournament there was still a wall between us, I wonder if our living situations had any to do with it. We'd never discussed it. He had Ron and Hermione, I had The twins despite being siblings we didn't have a lot in common. After a few more moments of awkward silence he got up.

"I suppose I should get going,"

"I guess,"

"She won't be returning to the tower tonight please let mconagall know," Severus said as Harry passed him.

Hayley's pov

It had been a few weeks since the last task and it was time for the Yule ball. glanced at myself in the mirror. I had curled my hair and the black floor length dress I wore was simple. Once I was happy with my appearance I exited the bathroom to meet my father. He sucked in a breath upon seeing me, his jaw slightly ajar.

"Hayley you look... radiant," he murmured walking towards me slowly tears dotted his eyes.

he was dressed in his normal robes but they look like he had ironed them. I rubbed my hands nervously. He gestured to the door and he escorted me to the great hall. Waiting at the door were the twins both in suits. They also sucked in a breath, George was looking at me with a look I couldn't recognise. Sev nodded at me before striding into the ball.

"Green you clean up good," Fred said,

"Right back at you Weasley," I responded smiling at my friend.

"Hayls... you look beautiful," George breathed.

I felt my face heat up as I thanked him. We all entered the hall. My jaw dropped it was beautiful, everyone was dressed nice and dancing. The room was a pale blue and decorations lined the walls. The champions were dancing with their dates.

"I see Angelina, catch up with you too later," Fred said darting over to a woman I hadn't seen before. He offered her his hand and they began to dance. I hadn't been asked to the ball so I am flying solo tonight. A brown haired woman approached George and he broke out in a grin.

"See you in a little Hayls seems my date is here," he winked at me before heading off to dance with the brunette. I felt a twinge of emotion in my chest.

Chewing the inside of my cheek I walked around the edge of the room searching for my father. With Fred and George occupied I didn't really know who else to talk to. Suddenly the ball seemed overwhelming. I spotted my Father standing by the drinks table. I made beeline over to him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Lion why aren't you dancing?" He asked,

"No one to dance with," I shrugged, he scoffed and stepped forward.

"Come on then," my eyes widened and I followed him onto the dance floor.

He bowed slightly and held his hand out to me. I hovered mine above it, his other hand hovered by my side. Mine hovered just below his shoulder. I couldn't reach his shoulder even in heels. Sev began guiding me through a dance. A smile broke out across my face, this was really fun. Sev seemed to be having fun too as he spun me around the dance floor the music filled every bone in my body. I began to hum along. we danced for what seemed like hours laughing and joking overall just having a marvellous time.

"May I cut in?" We stopped turning to face George. Sev smirked

"Of course Mr Wealsey," he stepped aside allowing George to take his place.

George began to lead me in a slow dance. My father returned to the drink table. I smiled up at George I could reach his shoulder. His hand hovered by my waist. I furrowed my brow where was his date?

"George Wheres your date?"

"Didn't work out," he shrugged,

"Oh,"

We continued dancing, he was a very good dancer.

Severus's pov

I watched Mr Weasley dance with my Daughter. She seemed quite happy. The sound of quiet sobbing drew my attention. I rolled my eyes and headed towards where the sound was coming from. Sitting in a chair was one of the sixth years.

"What seems to be the issue," I drawled,

"George Weasley is a pig," she snapped,

Raising an eyebrow I glanced back at Mr Weasley dancing with my daughter. I turned my attention back to the girl who now had been found by her friends. I stepped aside far enough away they wouldn't notice me but close enough I could over hear their conversation.

"He so clearly liked that fourth year! I had to end it! I couldn't spend all night watching him stare at her and talk about her!" The girl sobbed,

Hayley's pov

I burst out laughing at George's joke. He was laughing too. This was really shaping up to be a good night. George and I danced over to where Fred was excitedly dancing with Angelina. Upon seeing us Fred raised an eye brow but seemed to brush whatever concerns he had off.

"Tonights been so fun!" I exclaimed as George spun me,

"Angelina is a great dancer," Fred said smiling at his date,

"Hayley is too," George laughed,