Namjoon stares at her, unsure of how to respond. The answer is 'no', plain and simple. But he also knows that if he could've at least gotten her alone with him to talk, he could've made things a little bit better.

None of what happened that night helped his case. And though she can't be blamed for leaving with somebody else instead of him, he's still pissed off about it.

"Exactly." Malia says when he doesn't respond. She continues to lotion her body and Namjoon sighs.

"Malia, I'm sorry."

"Will you shut up apologizing and actually do something about it? I'm so tired of hearing the apologies, seeing the apologies and nothing changes."

She feels stupid for even giving him an out for any of this. She feels like an idiot for a piece of her even still believing that they could be anything.

She feels ridiculous for still wanting him.

Malia throws on the shirt and puts her panties on.

"What do you want me to do?" Namjoon asks softly. "Hm? You want me to block her? Done. Leave Chloe alone? Done. I just want you to believe me, Malia."

"You literally got in here because of Chloe. Don't lie."

"It's not like you were gonna answer my texts to let me in."

"Yah, that's kinda the whole point. Didn't you ask for space?" Malia crosses her arms. "For time to figure things out? Did you get the closure you were wanting so badly?"

"Forget what I said. I don't care. I just want you." He takes a step toward her and grabs her by the waist. Malia glowers as she looks up at him.

"Please, Lia. Let me show you." His hands slide to her lower back as he pulls her closer.

"I can't trust you right now." She says quietly.

"Let me earn it back, baby. I will, I promise."

Malia has a hard time taking him seriously. He almost seems like he's begging just to be around her. And for what?

"....fine."

"Thank you." Namjoon fills with relief as he hugs her. Malia suddenly finds all of this to be very odd.

He doesn't look well at all. Like he hasn't been sleeping. She knows that he hasn't been eating very much. She heard Midas telling Tyrell that he was worried about him in the hall earlier.

And though he really may be struggling with his feelings for his ex, if they're affecting him this badly, she wonders if she should even bother at all.

But why won't he just leave me alone then?

Namjoon closes his eyes and exhales as Malia hugs him back. He knows how confusing this must feel for her. It isn't any better for him.

Initially, he thought that it'd be easier for him if Malia wasn't around while he figured his mind out. Turns out, he just feels even more out of his skin.

All that he can think about is Malia when she's not there. It's almost as if he craves her presence.

An emotionally confusing cry for help that not even he can decipher. A shameful plea for peace.

"Can we go to sleep?" Namjoon asks quietly.

Malia draws back and looks at him. He looks exhausted.

"Yeah. Come on." She gets into the bed and he lays beside her. She puts his head on his chest and he wraps his arm loosely around her.