Chapter 10

Three weeks later at work, her best friend Nicki called and she answered the phone

"Good morning Nicki, how are you this morning," she asked her

"I'm fine I was wondering if I can come to Chicago to visit you for three weeks since I'm free from cases?" Nicki replied

"Sure you can, I miss you my friend, when you come we can hang out as old times" Nicole replied with happiness in her voice.

"I can thank Nicole. I can't wait to see you, my sister, I will see you next week when my passport is renewed anyway," - Nicky replied and continued - "I have to go. I have some cases to finish seeing you next week Nicole, she said to her.

"Alright take care, I can wait to see you next week, and she hangs up," Nicole answered.
She smiled. She was so happy to hear from her best friend. She missed Nicky so much, and after eighteen years she was looking forward to her visit and both will hang out as old times as they did in high school.

So after the call, she went back to work on some patients' charts in the hospital.

After completing her rounds at the Patient's rooms she took off her hospital gown, took her handbag to the desk, and signed her name out. She took her card and clock out, went to her car, and headed home after a very long day at the hospital.

After she came home Nicole went straight upstairs to her bedroom, changing her clothes into pajamas.

Nicole went downstairs to have some supper after finishing her food, she pick up the dishes put them in the dishwasher, and headed to the living room to pick out a movie called Braveheart put in the DVD player, and sat down quietly to watch the movie it was so inspiring tears fell out of her eyes it was so inspiring and emotional.

After the movie ended she wiped her eyes, took it out of the DVD player, shut off the television and went back upstairs, and went to bed until the next morning.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••