Saturn and Venus

Now is the time now is the best time
Now is the best time of your life
Life is a prize live ev'ry minute
Open your eyes and watch how you win it
_________________________________

Ambition...

This was her purpose and this was who she was.

Hotaru Kibutsuji knew that as the elder of her future siblings, she would be their leader and lead them to conquer the sun. Bashira made her remember every lesson she taught that Hotaru was born to a powerful demon king and queen. Since she was supposed to be a surprise when her mother brought the unity, she was hidden away deep in a secret part of the garden. Bashira-san hated men and anything having to do with men, so some of her distaste for the gender rubbed off on her. Being a young and impressionable child, she imagined her father was someone of power and was meant to be feared. She promised that she would do everything within her power to fulfill her mother's dream.

Her birth was sudden, or so she was told.
____________________________________

"Ouch!"

Sorashi sucked her finger as blood dripped from it. Tending her garden was a pastime she enjoyed when she needed a break from her crazy life. Kokushibo would usually join her, but he had a mission to do, but promised to meet up with her later. Her other adopted children were doing their own missions as well, so she was spending the day with her lady-in-waiting Bashira. Said woman was playing her shakuhachi, a bamboo flute, as the garden spirits rested around her.

Finding Bashira helped to balance out the missing component in her life; female friends. Tamayo was her first, but she lost communications with her after she escaped. Nakime was a silent friend, but she served Mu-chan first and foremost. Bashira was perfect as she was opposed to men and generally wanted to serve her.

Bashira was formerly a maiko studying her way to become a geisha. The two met in the red light district when Sorashi was visiting Daki and Gyutaro. A festival was being held to celebrate the new moon. All the beautiful women of the district celebrated by playing music, serving food, and dressing in extravagant robes. Men, of course, flooded the night streets as Sorashi had to turn down a whole bunch of them. She then heard the cries of a woman being assaulted in back alleys.

Bashira, in her human form, had been abandoned by every man she trusted in her life. Her father left her when she was a child to have her be the breadwinner for herself. She was supposed to live with her uncle, but they didn't want her. When she was old enough to get a job, she was engaged, but was cheated on. Thus, as she worked to become a geisha, she would refuse to serve men and focused on performance instead. The only thing she had was her shakuhachi, which she would enchant the masses with the hypnotic melodies.

On that night, she was leaving before the festivities started and she came upon a drunken samurai. Said samurai saw her and wanted to have his way with her. Bashira refused and told him to leave. Angered, he slammed her against the wall and started ripping her clothes. She screamed, struggling in vain to push him off, but then his head was cut right off.

Sorashi had saved her life and Bashira declared her loyalty towards her.

Back to the garden, Sorashi had cut herself pruning her roses. Her blood spilled upon some of her cosmos, ones that had been stained red for some reason. Bashira stood up and came over to check her finger.