Newly Formed Bonds

If you are there beside me
Like dark turning into day
Somehow we'll come through
Now that I've found you
Love will find a way

I guess everyone missed me. I never realized how much I was loved so much.
_________________________________

Sorashi chuckled to herself as she cuddled Akasei in her arms. Said demon baby was sucking on her fingers, his tiny fang buds nibbling on them. She kissed his head, making him coo softly. Fuyuka was snuggled on her waist, her legs sprawled off the side of the futon. The white haired child was apparently her second born, whom she had with Douma apparently.

She ripped him a new one and kicked his head off. Not in front of Fuyuka, but she made sure he suffered gravely.

Hotaru, her firstborn, was currently spread across her legs. Her stoic child was actually smiling as she held her hand in hers. Sorashi felt bad that she was left all alone without her mother to guide her. Bashira was a godsend alongside Nakime, both of them raising her right. She had been told that Hotaru had both poison claws and used strings in combat too. Her eldest was a fighter and a leader.

Sorashi turned to the side to see the sleeping forms of her other adopted children. All of them were snuggled at certain points on her body; Daki and Gyutaro hugged her waist with Fuyuka, Rui was by her head, Susamaru slept on a futon beside her, holding her ball in her arms, and Yahaba snoozed by her left side, his hand eyes closed. There was only one slight problem with everyone staying on her room.

"Enmu, what on Earth are you doing in the corner over there?" Sorashi whispered, seeing the pale faced demon sitting down and staring at her.

"Sorry my queen~! I'm just so happy that you're back." Swinging his legs over the chair, he leaned over to smile at her. "I couldn't even read your dreams since there was something blocking them. It was as if a dust cloud had covered your mind. For once..."He paused, frowning a bit. "I was scared because you weren't dreaming."

There was silence for a second. Only the sounds of the cooing baby Akasei, who had awoke to play with her mother's hair. Sorashi knew how sadistic Enmu could be, but seeing him actually looking scared surprised her. Normally he would be laughing at the demise of people in his dreams. Knowing that she did not dream made her slightly disturbed.

"Oh Enmu, you really cease to amaze me. I do think that things are going to be very different from now on." She eyed him, shifting her arms to allow Akasei to crawl over her face. "I'm going to spend time with my children and even adopt more. The next generation is here and I am not going to live forever. Time for me to make sure this next line isn't full of hatred and loathing for humanity."

Enmu shrugged, chuckling to himself. "You still have that notion in your mind huh?"

"It never left my head. I promise that I will bridge the gap between humans and demons even if it kills me."
______________________________

Hotaru hummed to herself as she walked down the worn path she had taken for years.

Today was cloudy, cloudy enough for her to walk without burning her skin. Donning her human disguise, Hotaru wore a new kimono that her mother had made for her. It was a pretty purple number with plum petals adorned on them and the matching pale purple sandals were soft and squishy. A small bag full of poisonous flowers were in her hands as she had gotten up early to gather some for experimentation. Muzan had told her in order to perfect her poison techniques, she would need to be immune to most plants, especially wisteria. Doesn't help that she also visits Tamayo on certain weekends to use her lab to make these ingestible poisons. The other bag she had in her hands were that of some onigiri that Sorashi had made for her. Like her mother, she never ate humans and enjoyed the special cooking that came from the garden she owned. These onigiri were laced with her love and made into the shape of bunnies.