Things Could Get Worse

If I never knew you

If I never felt this love

I would have no inkling of

How precious life can be

If I never held you

I would never have a clue

How at last I'd find in you

The missing part of me
———————————————————————————————-

A few minutes before the big day were always the most nerve-wracking.

Especially when your guest are all demons.

And then your bride gets kidnapped by your enemies.

Muzan paced the floors of the temple with a fretful look on his face. Kokushibo, Doma, and Akaza watched as he did so, neither one of them wanting to tell him that he had worn a groove in the ground. Even though they weren't saying anything, they too were mad at the fact that she had been kidnapped. Kokushibo was silently staring angrily at the stars. Akaza was punching the walls.

It was Doma who finally broke the silence. "Moping around here isn't going to help us. The demon slayers have our queen and we need to get her back. Now I know we're all very precious to her, so we need to put aside our differences and work together."

Akaza gave him an impressed glance. "That's the first smartest thing you've said in a long time."

"Hey! I can be brilliant when I want to Akaza~!"

Muzan nodded, giving the three a glance that promised pain. "Kokushibo, Akaza, you follow me. Doma, you stay here and distract the guest. We'll be back before sunrise or kill many trying." His eyes flash red. "Under any circumstances, do not allow the children to come and find us. You know how attached they've gotten to her."

Doma pouted when he heard he was being left behind. There goes his chance at impressing Sorashi...

Kokushibo grinned to himself as he got his blade ready. It had been so long since he got to be Sorashi's savior. He recalled a time when she was staying with him and his brother. Yoriichi had left for the night to another town and some punks attacked their base camp. He had stayed her faithful guard while she was sleep and slaughtered the entire group. By time she had woken up, the base was clean and all was calm. He wondered if she would be okay with the slayers trying to kill her. If any of them, including his brother, harmed her, he would rampage.

Akaza was thinking along the same lines. While he didn't fight women for obvious reasons, he grew a newfound respect for his queen. She saw him as strong and constantly praised him when he did a good job. No matter the weather, she checked up on him to see if he was okay. Part of him wanted to push her away, but another part of him enjoyed her company. Now he was determined to set things straight with her and bring her home safely.

Muzan picked up Dahlia, who protested at this sudden manhandling. "Flower creature, can you trace down Sorashi's energy?"

Dahlia sighed, placing her hands on Muzan's. "Well she did create me, so of course I can. Leave this to me, my lord."
—————————————————————————