Chapter - 25

I was so excited thinking what more surprises my angel would give me within these two days. After rose shower, Aaditiya Jeeju took us to our respective rooms to refresh and get ready for Haldi. It was noon 4 pm and I got dressed up in   baby pink shirt with white pyjama giving me a typical punjabi look. I came out of my room and went down. The whole crowd was waiting for me and Aya. She didn't turn up still. More than the crowd, I was so excited to see her in bridal dress.

She came down with Riya and Amu didi. She wore a red lehenga with yellow border and red jhumki with choker necklace set and yellow bangles matching her dress. She looked like goddess Durga in that attire. I was totally flattered by her beauty. We both sat parallely and we were separated by a screen in between. Haldi function started. All our relatives and family applied haldi on our faces and hands. I was so happy and nervous at the same time.

I (Aya) got dressed up and came down for haldi. The event started and I had butterfly effect. I don't know but I felt so nervous since the entire crowd had eyes on me and Aryan. Ma, Papa, Amu didi, Riya and my aunts applied haldi. We had lot of fun and finally it ended in an hour. Followed by haldi, I had Mehandi Function. The famous mehandi artist in delhi was booked for my ceremony. The artist drew a prince kneeling down and asking for hands, in my left hand and a princess giving her hands, in my right hand with his initial ("A") inside a heart.

After Mehandi ceremony, they took me to my room to take rest till 7pm and once the mehandi dried, I have to immediately get ready for my reception. I got dressed up in dark blue lined with white stoned Maxi with diamond earring and necklace matching my dress. I came down and still he did not come for Reception. What is he doing upstairs? The whole crowd was waiting for him with eagerness. Finally, he entered the Hall from outside with loud music and himself dancing with Jeeju, Siddharth and few of his friends.

OMG! How come he became so handsome in two days. I cannot believe my own eyes. I am finally getting married and that too with my first crush, love, "Aryan"! I wished to freeze this moment, so that i can run to him and hug him. I came back to my senses, when the crowd came towards me. He came close to me and sat at my feet showing the gesture of proposing me with a diamond ring. I thought to myself, "Am I dreaming?".He replied, " Not at all Aya. It's all real and I love you forever.

Please accept my love and get married to me. Never leave my hands." I accepted his proposal and he slid the ring on my finger. Yay! Finally we are engaged. Then, our reception started. He came close to me and whispered in my ears, "Did you like my surprise? ". I nodded "Yes" with tears in joy. He said, "Hey Aya, what did I say you last time. Please stop crying baby. I will be there for you always to support and love you." The reception was over with best DJ. They played all best hits of 90's and Mom, Papa, Amu didi, Riya, Siddharth, Jeeju, Aryan's Mom and Sara danced for the songs.

We had our dinner around 9:30 and all seemed so tired. We all went to our respective rooms and got changed. It was around 11 pm and I called him.  He answered the phone and asked me surprisingly, " Oi, not yet slept uh? "." No way baby. We have most important work now. How could I sleep without finishing that task", I replied with chuckle. He asked me, " What's your plan now? " And I told him, " Come and meet me at entrance without anyone noticing. Be sharp by 11:45 pm".

I hang up the call after passing this message. I changed to my night pyjamas. It was 11:30 pm. I slowly opened my room door and walked out to check on Amu didi and Ma. They were already sleeping well. But, Jeeju did not go to bed and he was speaking over phone with somebody for tomorrow's arrangements. After he went to bed, I locked my door. I walked in bare foot by carrying my slippers in hands after locking my room. When I reached the entrance, it was 11:50 pm and Aryan was waiting for me.

I went to him and told him to follow me in bare foot. We both walked towards the road and a boy was waiting with a blue Royal Enfield thunderbird bike. I went to him and got the keys of the bike and paid him. Then, I started the bike and told him to get on the bike. He saw me with a question mark look.I smirked at him and told, "Get on quickly before anyone spots us, we are going to elope now." He saw me with a tensed face and blabbered, " Hey, what are you saying? Why are we eloping? Tomorrow is our Shaadi, Aya. Come get down, let's go back".

" Haha! Hey, I was just kidding yaar. How come you believed this stupid weird joke and got tensed like this. No way buddhu! " He replied, " Thank God, I really believed what you said before. Anyways where are we heading towards now? ". I said, " Get on baby first, I will show the world's best place". We went to beach decorated with candle lights. I told him to take me a ride over the seashore in RE. We had best bike ride that night. After the ride, we played in sea like kids very happily. Then, we drank wine together lying on the shore counting stars and speaking our hearts out.

It was around 3 AM in the morning.We stood up to leave to wedding Hall before anyone finds out. He suddenly pulled me towards him and said, "How come a date will be fulfilled without a kiss?" I blushed instantly after hearing the word "Kiss".I tried to loosen the grip in fear, and he pulled me more closer. For the first time, I found him not too tall or too short. He was around two to three inches above me. As he came closer, I closed my eyes so tightly.

He held my face with his one hand and another wrapping around me. He gently placed his lips over mine. It was our first romantic moment. We both were lost in love for few minutes and then came back to our senses. We finished our first date with a sweet kiss with stars blurring away slowly and brightness coming up gradually. I don't have courage to look at his eyes after that kiss. I made him drive to wedding destination and returned the bike to that boy.

I ran immediately to my room without looking at him. It was 3:30 am and I cannot sleep after this. One reason is because of the time and another is because of that date especially the "Kiss". I didn't even sleep a bit. Around 6 am, Amu didi came to wake me up and I acted like I was sleeping. Then, she told me to get ready for Shaadi. I took bath and got dressed up in my wedding saree. It was blood red coloured saree with glassy golden stone worked. It was the one Aryan's Mom bought for me.

After few hours, the wedding drums were heard all over the hall. I started feeling nervous. Amu didi and Riya brought me roti with channa masala for breakfast since I'm starving. After finishing the entire plate, I gulped three glasses of water. Once the priest came and recited all the mantras with Aryan, they called me out for finishing the ceremonial events. I went with Amu didi and Riya downstairs. They made me sit next to Aryan.

I covered my face with veil. After saying mantras, the priest told Aryan to hold my hands and round the Agni 7 times performing "Saptapadi". Followed by that, he tied Mangalsudra (nuptial chain) in my neck and applied kumkum on my forehead by raising my veil. I didn't look at his eyes and kept bending down. He whispered to my ears while applying kumkum, "Oi Mrs.Deshmukh" and I blushed in shyness.

Marriage ceremony ended and all left for lunch. I was still feeling awkward to look at his face. He tried to make me see him. He got upset and told, " What is this Aya? I hardly got this pyjama  to impress you and you didn't mind seeing me. Now you are my wife and you have all rights to ogle me. Baby, please look at my eyes. I want to say you something important ". I looked at him in his eyes. Our eyes got locked and he held my both hands tightly and said, " Aya, I love you and will always love you, support you and trust you not only in this life but for 7 more lives".

I gave him a glare and told, " Oh really! Only 7 lives? Then what about rest of your lives? Are you planning to marry anyone. I will kill you if you try to look at any other girl other than me not for 7 lives, but all of your lives. Mind it Mr.Aryan". He replied, " Ok Mam, noted. Or else you will definitely beat me nicely." Both of us chuckled.