Chapter - 8

I was standing at door step of Riya's living room by seeing Aryan with the attendees of engagement. One of our friend, Kiara came to me and pulled me towards Bride's room, saying still Riya did not get ready and it was already time for the ceremony to get start. We went to our beautiful Riya's room. Seeing me, Riya came running to me and hugged me. My bestie never left me alone even in her engagement. I apologized for coming a bit late.

Riya got ready and the ceremony started. Riya and Sid were exchanging rings. It was one of the photographic moments of Riya which she would capture in her heart forever. I stood near Riya. Suddenly her Aunt came to me and took me from the stage. I went along with her, after moving far away from Riya, she started shouting at me. She taunted me saying, " Don't you have any sense? Why are you standing near Riya on this auspicious ceremony.

You have cancelled your shaadi (wedding) and do you want your bad luck to create impact in Riya's life too? I warn you! Stay away from Riya". After spilling out those harsh words, her aunt left the place. I sat down at the same place. I cannot move a bit and was frozen in humility. Tears started flowing from eyes like waterfall. " What did I do wrong? Why did I loose my eligibility to even attend my friend's engagement? Am I that much unlucky to spoil my own friend's life?

I cannot control my tears. I decided to go back home. When I tried to get up, Aryan came near me and gave his hands to help me get up. I didn't hold his hands and tried to  stand up on my own. He immediately held my shoulders and picked me up. I didn't meet his eyes and I was still angry on him. He took up his handkerchief and stretched it to me. I stared at him. He came close to me and wiped my tears. I moved immediately from him.

I shouted, " What the hell Aryan are you doing? Please mind your business. Thank you for your concern. I thought of leaving the Hall. Suddenly, Riya's mom came to me and took me to the stage. She told me not to move away from Riya. Her Aunt came to her mom and said it is not good Megha (Riya's Mom) to make such a girl to stand near Riya on this auspicious occasion. Megha Ma started speaking, " Didi, please don't hurt Aya. You will not understand what pain she undergone.

Even if creates impact in my daughter's life, we will manage. Dont hurt people with your harsh words. If Riya comes to know about this, she will turn the Hall upside down. So, please keep quiet". Her Aunt moved from that place in anger. I am happy, along with Riya even her mom understand my pain. Engagement was over. Sid and his family left to their home. Before leaving, he came secretly to Riya's room and presented her a new Samsung Galaxy S21.

Riya came to know everything happened through her mom. She came and hugged me. "Sorry yaar, I didn't expect this to happen, still I am sorry. You don't feel bad about this and cheer up Man! " I replied to Riya, " No worries and I am ok. You enjoy with your hubby's present. I am leaving home. Take care yaar". I left home after greeting her mom and dad. It was already past 9 pm when u entered my room. I got changed and fell on my bed asleep.

I came back home and found mom was already sleeping. I tried to fall asleep. I cannot and I was disturbed by Aya. "Why did she react so harshly to me? What did I do wrong to her? I only tried to help her out? Is she mad?" I decided not to help Aya anymore. Even she asks out, "Aryan please help me", I will say " NO". I was deeply hurt by her actions today. I only told her not fall in love with me. I didn't tell her avoid me or ignore me.

Next day, my Aunt and her daughter Sara came to our home. My Mom and aunt wants me to get married to Sara. I never thought of Sara in that way. She was like a sister or family to me. I was having tea when my phone rang. It was Aya. I answered her call, "Hey Aya, How are you now? Is everything ok?" She replied, " Aryan, please stop!!. Stop everything right now. I don't need your sympathy, concern or love. You don't have anything to do with me. I wish not to see your face anymore." She hung up the call.
I was frustrated because of Aya.

What is she thinking of me? Am I a stalker? Or a pervert? Enough is enough. I decided not to look back anymore. I too wish not to see her face at any cost. Meanwhile, my mom called me, "Aryan beta, come here, your aunt wants to discuss something important." I went near my mom. My Aunt asked me, " Beta, will you marry Sara? Your mom and I don't want to end our relationship. What is your thoughts on this Aryan? I immediately thought of Aya's face for a moment which stirred up my anger. In response I nodded " Yes".