Chapter - 20

After three hours, we decided to meet at cafe near by around 6 pm in the evening. I wore a blue maxi with peach shawl. He was already waiting for me with the menu card holding in his hands and seemed to be nervous. I went casually to him and said "Hi Ranvir, Am I late? ". He replied, " Hi gorgeous, not at all. I was early." with a smile. I said, "That's great" and  sat next to him. "What shall we order? Hmm.. He scrolled his fingers through the menu card.

I behaved as if someone had forced me for a date. Of course not, but still I was  not excited about this date. I don't know why? Anyways atleast for the sake of Ranvir, I should put up with the show. Ranvir asked me, what do you like to have? Your favorite Latte or anything else? I replied him, " Always we need not cling to same thing, sometimes the only thing we need is change, which is most important for me right now. So, i will go with cappuccino.

He chuckled at me and I gave a stare at him. "Ok cool, Aya, I won't smile and irritate you. And you carry on with your change", Ranvir said to me. We ordered a latte and cappuccino and spoke about some random stuffs like school, college, hospital, my job, this and that. We spent an hour there and we planned to go for Riya's reception. It was  the most important day for my friend. I decided to forget all my sorrows and dive into the happiest moment of Riya and Siddharth.

We reached the marriage Hall around 7:30 pm and I made Ranvir sit with my other friends. I rushed to see Riya getting ready in Bride's room. She was so elegant in her Green with Yellow Lehenga and big Jhumki with a chokkher in her neck. "Hey cutie pie, I went and hugged her tightly". After few minutes, one of our school junior came inside. She was Riya's neighbour. She spoke "Riya Didi, Aryan bhaiya brought here his Fiance and she was like a celebrity.

Aww! I wish to be like her. They both are complement for each other and make a great pair." I got really frustrated. I felt like slapping this girl and kick her like a football. If I were in a football match, I would definitely win a goal, because I was on my full force. "Damn, Riya I totally forgot  about him. I made him sit alone there. I Will go and check on him and come back". Riya gave me a puzzled look and asked whom was I mentioning all these time.

I told her, " Hey did you forget Ranvir totally? Anyways I will be back soon. Get ready soon baby". I left to see that mannerless idiot Sara. She was standing with Aryan by holding his hands so tightly, even air won't pass by. He was introducing Sara to everyone very happily. That means, Aryan is aware of what happened that day between me and Sara. Also, he chose Sara to be his life partner. No more chances for me and I am not that much shameless to beg him for life.

I made up my mind to move on. I was lost in my thoughts and came back to my senses when Ranvir started singing a song for me in the middle of the crowd. OMG! Is he doing all these to make me feel better? Will Ranvir be my destiny? Why am I not able to overcome Aryan even after all these humilitation? Why am I not able to get my love after all these struggles? I guess I am not lucky enough. It's ok. Anyways I understood the good heart of Ranvir.

After his performance, I pulled him off the stage and dragged him to garden outside. He was asking multiple questions and I kept my mouth shut. I stopped after reaching the fountain in the garden and left his hands. I started speaking, "Ranvir, I wanted to tell you something important. I know you might get hurt. But I don't want to hurt you forever. I am sorry. I cannot accept for this marriage. I don't want to start a fake relationship.

You are really such a nice guy and I understood your good heart. That is why I am saying No to this shaadi. Because I am already messed up and don't want to mess up with your life too. You will definitely get a good girl who loves you truly unlike me. Sorry Ranvir." Ranvir did not get surprised. He spoke, " Aya, relax. I know you are not ready for this now at the beginning itself. Now I am more clear you will never be ready for this.

Aya, we don't want to drag this up. I will tell my reply to Amritha Bhabi as 'No'. Please don't get involved in this. Let them blame me for rejecting you or else it will make you suffer more and I don't want that to happen. I decided to stop this marriage at our date itself Aya. I know everything happened there. I know why are you so sad at first and was happy in the second part of the date. I understood you well more than you do yourself. That's why I say 'No'.