CHAPTER - 1

"Aya! Wake up, if you didn't respond I might think you are dead", shouted Amu (Amritha). I slowly opened my eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "What's up Didi? " I asked her in a calm tone. She told me to get up and refresh myself. Then, she called me out to have some food since I was starving for two days. After my breakfast, she told me to get changed to go somewhere. I changed my dress and sat on her car.

She drove the car. On the way, she said, "Why the hell you broke up with Varun? Why did you first of all accept his proposal? Don't keep your mouth closed Aya. I am speaking to you." I swallowed and started speaking. I will answer both of your questions didi. First let me explain why I broke up with him. While trying to explain, tears were flowing and I was not able to speak up. I controlled myself.

Didi, do you remember my haldi function? I was getting ready in my room. Suddenly, a girl opened my room searching for Varun. Her name was Manvi. I asked her about how was she related to Varun and she told that they were best friends for seven years. I was shocked since Varun had never mentioned her name to me. And Haldi function started. Everyone applied haldi on my hands, legs and cheeks. I was so happy and excited about getting married.

I wore a yellow salwar with red colour Patiala and shawl. Varun was looking cool in his white pyjamas with yellow shirt. After seeing Manvi, he was little nervous. When Jeejaji (Aditya - Amritha's husband) tried to apply haldi on his hands, he thrown a fit and left the place. After few hours, he came and apologized to our family saying that he was in business tension. I noticed him being so cool until seeing her. I felt something was wrong from that time.

And Haldi got over. The next day was my mehndi function. I wore a dark blue lehenga with stone works. Varun wore black coat with white shirt inside. The mehndi artist applied mehndi on both of my hands. They even wrote Varun's name on my hand. After the ceremony, I ran over heels to show him my hands. I searched for him in his room, his parents' room and even enquired to his friends. But I couldn't find him.

In despair, I went to rooftop to get some fresh air. At that time... I paused for a second. Amu didi called out my name and asked what happened then. I continued... I saw Varun hugging Manvi in the rooftop. I cannot control my tears and I ran back to my room. I thought of ending this marriage. I went to meet dad. I overheard dad speaking to Mom that many of his business rivals were waiting to see his failure through me.

I won't be a good daughter and would spoil the family reputation. Dad told mom that I would never let him down. Hearing those words melted my heart. I went to my room and slept in tears like nothing had happened. Next day was Varun's bachelor's party. I went into memories of that day while narrating it to Amu. "Welcome to the bachelor party of Varun Chakraborty". Waah!! What a big flux for bachelor party Varun? I asked him in surprise.

He smiled at me and told that, this is only one bachelor party of his life. Very worst joke ever, I replied him. We walked into the decorated Hall and all his friends were partying. He even arranged DJ. The DJ was playing "Diliwaali Girlfriend from YJHD", when we entered the Hall. Manvi came near Varun and said something in air. He responded immediately by a nod and joined her in the dance. I stood like a kid who lost the lollipop to another kid.

I was standing near the spot where alcohol was served. I saw both of them standing too close that a breeze of air would fail separating them. I was so furious over Varun for deceiving me over Manvi, even though we were in relationship for a year and came to marriage after many struggles. In anger, I took a glass of vodka from the table and drank it fully. I continued drinking and didn't even notice five glasses went inside my tummy.

I got drunk and felt like pouring out. I went toVarun's room to use his washroom. After getting better, I opened the door andsaw a horrible thing. Aya, what happened? Tell me why did you break him up on bachelor party? What did you see on that day? I came to my senses by Didi's questions. I said, "I saw Varun and Manvi together in his room having fun". On hearing my words, Amu stopped the car.