Chapter 18: And First Place Goes To...

Hiccup's POV

"Stop drinking all that coffee, or you're going to have to pee!" Astrid said, and slapped my arm. It had been a couple weeks since the big date, and Astrid and I were never away from each other.

"I'm sorry, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm stressed and cannot function without coffee." I said, and took another drink.

"I love that stuff as much as you do, but I don't want to have to leave right in the middle of our presentation."

"Fine." I said, and gave her a side hug, "Stop worrying, I'll be awesome." 

She shoved me away, and I started laughing,

"I'm just kidding."

"Mr. Haddock, and Ms. Hofferson, are we ready to present this project of yours?" I heard Weselton's now-annoying voice say.

"Yes, Professor Weselton." Astrid said, and hurried to stand in front of the poster we'd made.

"So, Astrid and I decided to do our project using a bear as a model, and we made it 3D so that you could see everything iside." I said, and watched as Astrid opened the bear to show the internal organs.

"Wow." Weselton muttered, and inspected the rest of the project. I sauntered over to Astrid, and whispered,

"I think he's more impressed than he expected to be."

"Ya think?" She asked with a smirk on her face. She took my hand, and held it as we watched Weselton meticulously look over every last detail of the project, before he just left.

"What place do you think we'll get?" I asked timidly,

"I don't care. We did a great job, and it only matters if we know that."

"That was so cheesy." I said, and hugged her again,

"You love it anyway." She murmured into my chest.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

"The professors and I have come up with winners of the university biology fair. Third place goes to Jack Frost and Areil Atlantica." 

Astrid and I clapped as loud as we could, because apparently Ariel had actually done something to achieve an award.

"Second place goes to Oh and Elsa." I clapped again, as Elsa went up, and I saw Jack trying to win her over by saying something stupid. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Weselton as he announced first place.

"And finally, first place goes to a project that the judges and I felt was extremely creative. Astrid and Hiccup!" He said, and for once, there was a smile on his face. Astrid took my hand and dragged me up to the stage to get our award.

"We did it!" Astrid said as we walked into our dorm. 

"Yay!"

"Hiccup, I don't think that we ever would have won if it weren't for you, so...thanks." She said, and leaned it to kiss me. I responded by wrapping my arms around her waist, but I broke away for a second,

"To be honest, I didn't mind being you roommate."

T  H  E      E  N  D

Omigosh! I can't believe it's over. Don't worry, there's an epilogue coming out sometime soon (like tomorrow or the weekend), and then I'll start two new books, so yay! 

Thanks for sticking by me and reading this, thanks for all your lovely comments, and everyone who voted. You're all awesome, and cute as a button!

This chapter is dedicated to DagonBalletLoveVeVe because she followed me, and is awesome, so yeah. Thank you!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥