Chapter 9: Let It Go!

Astrid's POV

After class that day, I walked back to our dorm to find that Hiccup was already there with a styrofoam bear and a bunch of brown, pink, red, and black paint around him.

"What is this?" I asked

"I figured we'd start our project now so that we wouldn't have to deal with it later or..." He said trailing off, and suddenly a blush creeped onto his face.

"We could start it another time. It's up to you." He said. I laughed.

"Well, let's get started then." I said, and rolled up my sleeves to begin painting the bear brown. While I painted the bear, Hiccup had a picture of all the bear's internal organs, and was painting those the correct colors. Suddenly, there was a knoch at the door.

"I'll get it." I said, and walked to open the door, only to find Snotlout standing there.

"Um....can we have a minute?" He asked Hiccup. I turned just in time to see Hiccup set his jaw, but he stiffly nodded and continued to work on the project as if nothing was bothering him at all.

"What do you want, Snotlout?" I asked.

"I want you to take me back. Look, I made a cruddy mistake, and I want a second chance." He said, but I was already shaking my head.

"Sorry Snotlout, but I can't do that. I think that we'd be better off as friends." I said. His face contorted into a rage-filled expression, and he grabbed my arm.

"It's because of Haddock, isn't it? He swept you off your clumsy little feet, didn't he?" 

"Snotlout, let go of me. I'm not your girlfriend anymore, I'm not anyone's girlfriend, so stop." I said, calmly.

"No, Astrid. Say you'll take me back."

"Here's what I say. Let it go!" I said, and pulled my arm out of his grip, only to have him take it back again, and it hurt this time.

"Fine, then I'll have to do this the hard way." Snotlout said, and tried to drag me away from the door, but it opened, and an enraged Hiccup came out.

"She said to let her go." He said, his voice low, and menacing. Snotlout immediately let go of my arm, and ran in the direction of his dorm room.

"Coward." Hiccup and I muttered at the same time.

"You okay?" Hiccup asked. I nodded.

"Thanks to you." I said, and followed him back into the dorm room.

Hallo. I think Hiccup has a little crush....ooooh.

Anyway, thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, and ignore any mistakes.

This chapter is dedicated to music_nerd_27 because she voted and commented on this book, and she followed me. Thanks for being AMAZING.