Chapter 11: What Did I Do?

Astrid's POV

I bounded into the dorm room to find that Hiccup was already there on his bed reading Harry Potter again.

"Oh my Odin, Hiccup." I said, and put my backpack on my bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that you would die if I decided to read." He said sarcastically and went back to the book.

"You said that you would have a debate with me?" I said, and took out my marked up paper.

"Oh yeah, right." He said, and put the book down so that he could face me.

"What are we going to debate?" I asked

"Your pick." 

"Um....I don't think that I'm a very interesting person....I mean, I'm just ordinary." I said with a half-shrug. Hiccup sat up with an intersting look on his face. Well, a blank look.

"Um...I don't think you're not intersting. In fact, you're quite the opposite. You know when and how to shut people up....you-you're popluar, you're great at pretty much everything." He laughed, "Kinda makes me wonder why you choose to hang out with me." 

"Hiccup, you're so helpful and nice and caring, and the only reason I ever hated you was because you were my number one competition. You're so good at everything, and sometimes it bothers me." I walked closer to him.

"Uh...." He said, but he brought his face closer, and closer until our lips touched. It was light and gentle at first, as if neither of us knew how to do anything, but suddenly Hiccup wrapped his arms around my waist, and I locked my fingers in his hair. The kiss only lasted for what seemed like a second, before I pulled away. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, and I started walking toward the door.

"What did I do?" Hiccup asked, a pleading look in his green eyes.

"Nothing..." I whispered, but that was just it, I whispered. I ran out of the room without looking back.

Oooh. Drama. Hey, at least Hiccstrid actually kissed so....

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, and ignore any mistakes. Bai!

This chapter is dedicated to Phatthanan Thanaporn because they followed me, and voted for this book, so thank you!