Hobi- "I'm outside" I do a double take not wanting to believe what my eyes are seeing but once I read it a third time I confirm I am not imagining things. Before I can reply or think about a reply he texts again.

Hobi- "I need to see you" his words make my mind race with many thoughts. What should I do? Why is he here? Why does he need to see me? Confused by everything in my head I fail to reply and he texts again.

Hobi-"If you don't come out I will come and get you" If I know him very well he will keep his promise and come find me. With that in mind I decide to do as he says before he wakes up everyone in the house. I head to the door without thinking anything further. My long uncombed hair and bruise the size of a baseball are things I completely miss when I pass by the mirror in my living room.

The outside cold air on my skin reminds me that I am in fact wearing an oversize hoodie as a dress. I contemplate going back in the house to put on a full outfit but once I notice the black SUV parked on my front porch I let my feet take over. I stop inches away from the car and for a second I am afraid to go any further. The SUV windows are tinted and I am not able to see who is inside which makes me hesitate if I should go any further. Less than a second passes by and the passenger window lowers enough that I can see inside. I bend down slightly and once I see him sitting in the driver seat my heart stops. Why does he always have this affect on me even on the worse situations? I try to clear my mind of the many unanswered questions and I walk closer to the car with the intention of just standing by the door to ask him to go home. I think he knows what I am thinking because he speaks before I can touch the door.

"Get in" he orders with a demanding voice and I cant help but flinch. I know he will not hurt me but my body still reacts. "Its really cold outside please get in" he says in a more calming voice and I think he noticed my odd reaction. He gives me a short smile and something I dont have control over makes me follow his order and before I know it I have my hand in the door handle.

I enter the warm car and it feels nice to not feel cold anymore. I stare at the street in front of me and I try to avoid looking at him. "Why are you here?" Is all I can think to ask and honestly thats the only valid question right now. Why would he be here after ignoring me earlier.

It takes him a few seconds to answer and before he does he lets a big breath out like he had been holding to it for years. "I needed to see you" he says and even though I cant see his face I can feel pain in his words.

"I dont understand" I say with my eyes fixed on the electric pole in front of me while I wait for him to speak again, but he doesn't. I start to think I should say something else but before I can speak I feel his hand gently grab my face. I flinch again and try to slightly pull away but he does not let go. He turns my head but I still dont look his way. I feel his other hand on my face and he lifts my head forcing me to look at him.

"I wish I could kill him" I hear him say under his breath.

"What?" I pretend to not understand him and I watch as his calm face turns to anger.

"Nothing" he comes closer and his anger dissipates.

He is so close that I can feel his breath on my face and for a moment all I can think about is how would it feel if he kissed me right now. Would it erase all the pain I feel? Would I forget about the world like I have all the times before? Would his one kiss be enough to cure my shattered heart? Even though I know a kiss is probably the furthers thing from his mind I still anticipate it when he moves even closer to me. He stares into my eyes for what feels like an eternity and I watch him as he inspects my face again and I know the kiss will never come.