24. Fire (Ace x Female!Reader)❗️

Start from the beginning

"Stop moving, will you!?"

As you were in a state of pure fear and torture, Ace was whistling in the background, watching his brand new tattoo on his back. "She wouldn't dare get tattoed!" he had said when one of Whitebeard's crewmates questioned the both of you about the tattoo after you both joined his ranks. "So that's what you think, huh? Watch me!" You accepted the challenge...to the cost of your already low (nonexistent) ego.

"You're the one that wanted to have it on your neck!", Ace recalled as he sat down on the chair right next to you. "Stop calling me out!" you said as you grabbed one of his large hands, "now allow me to crush your hand under the pain." He faked torture to make you smile, which worked, as usual. What you didn't know is that it was also a feint. Unbeknownst to you, his heart skipped a beat each time your bodies met one another and it's been like that for a few months...

"You two get along well," commented the artist.

"We grew up together", you said.

That was the final blow for him. It's not that he was shocked by our response...it was a fact but his heart ached anyway. Was it all he was to you? A person you grew up with?He fell in love with a childhood friend! May he be saved!

"This explains that," the tattoo artist concluded as he gave you a final touch with the machiavelic needle. "Ouch..."

"And we're done," he declared as he stood up, relieved.

"Thank you for dealing with her." You cackled under your beard as a response to Ace's words as you stood up and thanked the man. You trotted toward the mirror to look at the result but you were too short. "I can't see it," you mumbled. Only Ace could hear you as the artist was loudly recollecting all his belonging and left the room with heavy steps. Once the two of you were alone, the dark-haired man reach up to you. "What are you doing?" you asked as you saw him standing up behind you in the reflection. He laid a finger on the beginning line of your tattoo and slid it against your skin. "It goes like that and...that way...and..."

"Ace?"

"It ends there," he concluded. "What is it?", he added.

"No, nothing. It just surprised me..."

"Oh!" he exclaimed before you felt the departure of his warmth. "I should've asked you."

"No!" you exclaimed loudly. "I mean, it's okay! So...it looks good?" you smiled as you pinpointed your tattoo.

Should he just say it now? Should he try to make his feelings more obvious? What if it ruined your friendship? Ah and screw it!

"You're always perfect."

You giggled shyly as you played with a strand of your (h/c) hair around one of your fingers and then it hit you. "Wait what?"

He smiled as he slowly leaned closer. You could feel the warmth of his breath. His freckles were as adorable and magnificent as ever. Your cheeks were burning and...you turned around as you gasped for air.

He gulped loudly. You could only imagine how sad he could look. "It's not reciprocated, is it?"

You jolted around to see just how much his dark eyes were shining from pure pain. Your heart squeezed in your chest. "Of course it is! I do love you but..."

He stepped forward."So where's the problem?"

"What are the others going to think? The chubby girl and the Pirate's King son, the good joke!"

"That's their problem!"

"You deserve so much better than me! I mean...look at me! I'm a 2 and you're a good 10! I- Oh my God, I can't believe I said that...Y-You know what I mean!"

He giggled as he walked up to you. "I've known you for over ten years. Trust me, I noticed your appearance and you're beautiful."

You sighed. "Please, I'm nowhere close to pretty I-"

"You're beautiful!" he repeated as he gesticulated exaggeratingly. "What can I do to make you believe it? Tattoo it on you?"

You shook your head vigorously. "I am not getting another tattoo! Uhuh!"

"Then you better start believing me..."

"It's going to be a long journey."

"Will you let me be by your side for that adventure?"

Your index laid on your chin as you forced a pout. "Hmmm...Should I?"

"Oh (y/n), come on!"

"Might as well agree!"

"Oh please!"

You laughed as he kissed your cheek.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am very much tired of hearing people say to an overweight person that they should just lose some kilos

I am very much tired of hearing people say to an overweight person that they should just lose some kilos. Some people can be very athletic but still overweight. I, therefore, decided to take the time to refer to this social issue in one chapter and this is the one.

Be yourself. Love yourself.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Zoro x Shy!Funny!Pirate!Female!Reader
➢Katakuri x Daring!Rebellious!Compassionate!Vinsmoke!Female!Reader
➢X Drake x Mature!Delicate!Softspoken!Modest!Female!Reader