70. Hey, old man! (Brook x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Snibella - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(f/n)=father name

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by Bestfg14

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Funny
✏︎Artistic

⚠️Warning⚠️
PLATONIC OS
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Brook was the first person among the crew to see you cry.

This shell of a human, white and frail, fractured and used. Dried and exhausted so how was it that he kept smiling? He had been deprived from so many years of joy, happiness and so were you...Told your grandfather was dead so when you realized the truth anout him, you crumbled in tears. It took 2 months. 2 months being part of the strawhats when it hit you : "It's over when you give up."

"It's over when you give up" Your father always said the same thing.

It's not a rare sentence but in both man it came out naturally as if this sentence was the base of their own existence, guiding them, allowing them to keep going. "Say, Brook, do you happen to have children?"

Silence.

There never had been silence between the two of you. Worried you looked up to observe your comrade. The holes of his eyes, somewhat stretched in surprise. "Brook?"

"(f/n). He had an afro like me. Thought him violin too! Yohohoho!" He was back to normal. You weren't. In your head, you saw your father. Small eyes, low chin and pointy nose.

It was too much of a coincidence.

"He taught me violin too..." It was a whisper, a burning mutter coming from your throat, dried out by the tears. "Huh?"

"He taught me violin...He taught me violin...He taught me violin...He taught me violin...He taught me violin...He taught me violin..." you mumbled, repeating, more inaudible each time. You busted in tears, screaming joyfully as you hugged the man.

"Are you crying or laughing?"

"Both!" you wept.

"Why!?"

"You're my old man!"

And when everything was clear, even his dry sockets turned wet.

[]

"Hey, old man! Let's jam!"

Another Island saved and as always, a party ensued. Yet a new tradition was born that day, the jam between granddaughter and grandfather.

"Yohohohohohohoho!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

This turned out to be very short

This turned out to be very short. Yet wholesome and just peaceful.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!
➢Iceburg x Shipwrighter!Patient!Loving!Carefree!Female!Reader
➢Jinbei x Mature!Patient!Singer!Understanding!Female!Reader
➢Luffy x Shy!Caring!Patient!Female!Reader
➢Ace x Loving!Fierce!Female!Reader
➢Killer x Short!Shy!DarkHumored!Female!Reader