74. It's ok (Ace x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : NamirJ - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by dayaaxoxo

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Loving
✏︎Fierce
✏︎Patient
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

On the Moby Dick (this ship name triggers me...) deck you were enjoying a well-deserved sun bath. You had been on night duty after all and everyone knew you were unable to sleep whenever the light of day appeared. They were lenient on you the few times you watched upon the crew under the cold kiss of the moon. Now you had an overdose of sun rays and felt your skin burning and turning red. "Enough."

And so you stretched yourself and jumped on your two feet, ready to walk around and discover what your partners in crime were up to.

So when you saw Ace, in the front of the ship, alone and silent, you halted. This was worrisome. You had to check up on your friend. "Yo foodsomniac!" you heard red, wishing your feeling was wrong.

Yet when you saw his eyes, your heart dropped. He was worried. Immediately, you stopped joking. "Ace, what is wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Hell to the no! There's not nothing." He signed, giving up his own stubbornness. "I just thought of Thatch again. It was a good memory too yet, I still feel sad."

It had been a little over 6 months since he passed... by that fiend. Teach. Just his name made you want to vomit nowadays. Yet this wasn't about you. You weren't the one who needed to be heard and so you sat by his side, calmly. Your hand on his shoulder you thought of your words. "It's alright to be sad but, you know, I'm afraid your anger also has a lot to play in your emotions lately."

He looked down. You were right. He knew it and couldn't deny it. "(y/n)..."

"That's alright too. What matters here is for you to heal. If that means shedding a few years thinking back on good times so be it, nobody on this ship will laugh. Actually, the opposite. And if it's not of your image that you're afraid of but only of this lingering feeling, well...stop looking back, that's all I have to say really. Think of him but in the future. Where his actions led you..."

"Thanks. You're awesome, really."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I don't know why but I'm just never inspired whenever I write about Ace

I don't know why but I'm just never inspired whenever I write about Ace. It's a total writer's block and I feel as if whenever it's an OS about him it ends up being HORRIBLE. I don't know if it's because I'm not a big fan of him. Actually, I am quite neutral about Ace. It's been so long since I watched the episode he was in that I kind of forgot? Not the character but everything that surrounds him? Feels like him making up an excuse but I really can't find why? I'm just horrible with Ace. If you want to torture me, give me a request with him. Simple as that.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!
➢Killer x Short!Shy!DarkHumored!Female!Reader
➢Sanji x Carefree!Baker!Male!Reader
➢Sanji x Confident!Flirty!Male!Reader