28. Cheers (KingxFemale!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : axl - Pixiv

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by MaRyGe27

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Strong
✏︎Talkative
✏︎Frank

✏︎Kaido's assistant

⚠️Warning⚠️
Non romantic
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Kaido's hideout at Onigashima was shaking with activity. Alcohol flowed freely as men and women were fooling wildly to the rhythm of their captain's drunk laughter. He sure was in a good mood and your theory was strengthened when he called out to you, claiming you should share some sake.

"Oh, you know I'm a cheap drunk!"

"Oh (y/n), don't ruin the mood!" he laughed.

"I'm not. If I wanted to ruin the mood, you'd be dead mad by now."

"AHAHAHA"

He undeniably was in an extraordinary mood. In other circumstances, he would have frowned and grumbled and you took the opportunity to sneak outside where it was quieter. You'd usually stay at a party, but being one of the loudest tonight, you needed to feel at peace and it wasn't by watching Queen jumping around wasn't the best way to achieve this goal. Plus, some fresh air would clear your mind.

The sounds of the waves breaking against the rocky coasts of Onigashima made the perfect harmony for you to meditate. You spotted a rock and removed all the possible causes of stain from it before you sat down. It's only then that you, (y/n) (l/n), Kaido's assistant allowed herself to sigh loudly. Kaido hold you in his esteem and treated you friendly when in front of the rest of the crew to encourage others to follow your example. However, the stress, and the pressure were all on your shoulders. You couldn't share it with anyone except the person that was in the same situation as you : Kaido's right-hand man, King. "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments."he once said. You were disciplined. He was disciplined. That's how you both survived for so long. It was a simple fact and yet it allowed you to understand each other. The King and the Joker understood each other while the Queen was dancing and yelling on a stage. Between you and King, it was a platonic relationship no matter how loud the rumours about you being lovers were. You contemplated how the subordinates could have reached such a conclusion when a shadow appeared near. You pretended to not have seen it but after multiple mental calculations, you turned around and grabbed the "assailant" by the arm. It was King. He didn't budge, used to your quick reaction skills. "You have to stop doing that," you said as you let go of him. "What's that?," you asked pointing at the two different glasses he brought with him.

He silently handed you one. "You know I don't drink, King."

"I'm not dense. It's water." You thanked him as you got hold of the glass. You gently shook it in your hand as if it was some fancy wine. "Oh! With colored Ice cubes!You're the best!" He rolled his eyes at your childish demeanour but little did he know that it was just the beginning. Indeed, questions started merging when you (e/c) laid upon his leather mask.Now was the time to have one of many useless talks.

"Why all the spikes on your face mask?"

"Huh?"

"It makes you look unnecessarily deadly."

"Excuse me?"

"What I mean is that we already know you can kill thousands of people in one shot so it's not essential for you to make yourself appear even more threatening."

"It's just my style."

"Ok, then...why the threatening aesthetic?"

He grumbled, annoyed by your insistence. "You're sure asking a lot of questions tonight."

The atmosphere tensed up by the prolonged silence that followed. You had to do something to fill it up. You grabbed his hand and fetched it toward yours until the two glasses were together."Cheers."

"You really can't stay quiet now, can you?"

"No."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Woot woot. 3 updates in 3 days!🥳

 3 updates in 3 days!🥳

Over 60k views. I still can't believe it. All I can say is thank you. Boring, I know but it's the only thing that comes to my mind. Thank you all so much.

I've been working on this book for over 3 years now...yes you read that right : 3 years. The first one shot was released on the 28th of July 2019.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Yamato x Cold!Grumpy!Tsundere!Female!Reader
➢Perospero x Kind!Patient!Strong!Fighter!Female!Reader
➢Iceburg x Sweet!Kind!Strong!Female!Reader
➢Rob Lucci x Calm!Reserve!CP9!Female!Reader
➢Cracker x Strong!Mature!Righteous!Caring!Flirtatious!Female!Reader