78. Emergency (Kid x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : HassySoda - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by anonymous

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Caring
✏︎Stubborn
✏︎Doctor

⚠️Warning⚠️
⋆ Mentions of death. If it triggers you, I invite you to skip this one.

Oh and also, swears.⋆
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

You were among the people used to death lurking around. Not him. Not with him. That you'd never get used to it.

Eustass Kid. One Hell Of a stubborn man. Too prideful to even admit there was a possibility of defeat. A word - you wouldn't be surprised to learn - he didn't pronounce once in his lifetime.

He wanted to fight Shanks so he did and he lost...an arm with that. "You egoist..."

Vividly you remembered how Killer brought him back to the ship, bloodied and in panic. Immediately he thought of the doctor, of you. "(y/n)! Get your ass in the infirmary! Kid's bad!" And you ran into your office, gliding on your chair as the second dropped the captain in a hurry. Only then did you face the gravity of the situation...

The bedding was already covered in blood and he had barely been put there for a mere seconds. Where was his arm? Would you be able to save him? He was losing a lot of blood? What if you failed? The doctor stayed calculative. The childhood friend was screaming.

"(Y/N)!"

"Everyone get out." you ordered as you put your gloves on.

"(Y/N)!" the blonde kept calling.

Your nerves were at their breaking point and so. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE. EVERYONE."

You'd never raise your voice and only the sound of you rushing around grabbing your tools was ambient. It was only when you ran to put pressure on his wound that you realized not a soul had budged. "What are you all still doing here? OUT!"

Killer took a few steps back, silent; covered in his best friend's blood.

Heat, your brother, had but no choice to step up. "As she said! Everybody out!" Slowly, they obeyed.

"But Reck!" you called. The gunslinger walked back in. "Yeah?"

"You, you stay here." He was the calmest. The most analytic. When given a tasks he completed it with care. You needed someone like that right now, to bring you back if your emotions got the best of you.

"I can-"

"KILLER! NO! OUT!"

The poor blonde could only be taken outside by Wire and Heat, shocked. That was the problem. Killer did an amazing ally in emergency but whenever it got deathly for someone - other than him- , he'd freeze. But telling him this would hurt him. Screaming wasn't much better but in the situation, your nerves were boiling hot. You'd apologize later.

"Go fetch the bandages, Reck, now."

It took 2 hours to get his state under control. An eternity.

Relieved from a weight you dropped in the floor, exhausted, shaking. You had held your breath on and off, a lot. It drained your energy.

Worried, your partner rushed to your side. "(y/n)?"

"I'm good. Just tired. You're free to go."

Reck walked out and to his shock faced the entirety of the crew waiting on the deck. "Hummmmmmm..."

"How's he?" Killer asked.

"Does she need anything?" That was Heat.

"Is he awake?"

"Is he conscious?"

"Can we see him?"

"If he..."

"Would Killer take over?"

"Oh, shut up!"

"Reck, tell us something!"

"Say something!"

The rest was mixed all together.

Overwhelmed he quickly walked back into the infirmary. He held no answers!

"Back already?"

"(y/n), everyone's waiting on the deck...for answers...and Heat wants to know if you need anything?"

"A glass of water."

"And the others?"

"It will wait for when I stop trembling and calm down, yeah? We both know he's stable. It's not like we're covering something dark. A glass of water, please."

"Sure."

[]

Kid was stable. Yet in the two weeks that passed by, his eyes never opened. Others worried for you. Heat even more.

He'd never catch you shed a tear, never. But when the captain finally woke up, you shed a few.

A few days had passed since he woke up. He refused to do as you said, stubborn or naive: you choose. And there you were again, arguing with the man. "You made me the doctor because you trust my judgement and knowledge. The fact they don't please you at the moment doesn't bother me one bit, captain."

"I can do what I want!"

You stood and slammed your hand on the mattress, your forehead against his, defying his eternal domination. For once he had to submit and you'd do anything for it to occur. "You are the captain. You are looked upon but more than that, you are cared about. You are our voice. You represent us and if we were to lose you even for a split second we'd lose it. We'd be forced to mutism." Silence. "You're the captain," you repeated, in the tiniest voice, "You're Eustass Kid."

His fiery eyes turned soft at your words. The kid knew his position and understood it...from his point of view. Never from another.

"(y/n)..."

"Apologize and I punch you." Not his type to say sorry. Should stay the same. "Never change. Be cautious. Just think more. Please. For everyone. For me. Okay?"

He reached for your hair and brushed them gently. As if to say. "I heard you. I'm here."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are closed!
➢Drake x Caring!Supportive!Professional!Female!Reader
➢ Doflamingo x Ill!Weak!Silent!Biter!Female!Reader
➢Luffy x Calm!Caring!Observant!Strong!Female!Reader
➢Luffy x Short!Feisty!Cheerful!Female!Reader
➢Eneru x Airhead!Impulsive!Female!Reader
➢Yamato x Shy!Tsundere!Trans!Reader
➢Boa x Carefree!Joyful!Sweet!Trans!Reader