"Oh, Quiinn. Why do you look so sleepy?" Asked Alvin to me as I sighed and was about to answer but Ben interfere. "You look like you’ve seen a ghost, hihihi!" Well, maybe because I AM SEEING THREE OF EM! "Today’s the last day of the fall semester. Brace yourself so you don’t end up like a lot of those other carefree young’uns, okay?"

"Already? It's almost the end of the year?! Damn, time flies so fast." I said as I scratch my head.

"Oh, yeah! Tomorrow’s the start of the winter holiday? Do you have any plans already?" Alvin asked and I ponder.

I shook my head. "Not at the moment, no."

"Hm? Winter holiday…? Wazzat?"

"It’s winter break. Most of the students go home to their families to celebrate until the new year. I hear there’s a lotta feasts, too!" Alvin answer Grim on my behalf.

"Wha–!? Feasts!?" Grim started drooling.

Ew.

"Indeed! There’s roast turkey, cakes, and even gingerbread. Well, it’s not like we can eat it."

"There are ghosts who go to the other world to spend time with their families, too."

"But there are some who don’t return here! Hihihi!"

Grim then place his paw on his chin. "Spending time with family while eating a feast…"

I sighed at the word family. All I have is Y/N and even so, it's still fun with just her. "Grim, don't you have a family?" I asked the black cat beside me as he tilted his head. "My family? Hm… I don’t remember much about them. I feel like I just woke up alone and hungry. It was really cold and I remember waiting for a long time for someone to come get me…… And then, what happened after that again…? I can’t remember much.Well, I’m not the type to dwell on the past, yanno! The future matters more! After all, I’m gonna become a super great magician! Gahahaha!"

After hearing that, I pull Grim closer to me and hug him. "Don't worry, I'm here for you."

"You’ve had your fair share of trouble, too, huh~!"

"Won’t it be fun to spend the holidays together with us this year then?" Caleb asked.

"It will, we'll spend our holiday together. We'll be family!" I gave them a smile and they huddle closer for hugs. "Nyaha! We’ll have a feast! I’m excited for the holidays!"

🔹

[NRC - classroom]

3rd P. O. V

 V