Chapter 45 - I'd Rather Die On My Feet, Than Live On My Knees

Start from the beginning

"Why… Why, why, why?!" He roared, anger coating his whole being. 

Mostly was, however, headed to himself. Regina didn't know it, but he was angry at himself for not being enough. No, he didn't regret falling in love with her. He knew that she hated him, loathed him, even. But he was hoping that she had been softening to him as he was to her. Alas, he had fallen in too deep with his feelings, that he didn't realize that she had all been acting.

Regina, however, laughed mockingly in reply, before silencing to a point that it became too cold to repress the shiver that danced down their spines.

She looked at him softly, making him remember the past in which she had been looking at him that way. Now, he realized that it was all a ploy. 

"Oh, my dear, Cavillor. Didn't you know?" Her face then hardened," I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees. Sure, you made my position higher than yours, but it's still painfully obvious that I'm but a mere prisoner in your golden cage like a fucking bird."

His body spurted out blood by itself, but he still strives to say, "No, you never were, Regina! Tell me, what more could you have possibly wanted that I haven't given you?!"

At that moment, a figure entered from the entrance of the cathedral. "Of course, she wanted what she deserved. And that was to rule this entire world that you have.

They all, except Regina who was still staring at Cavillor, looked at the entrance and saw someone entering. Someone that they all had thought was already dead. 

Soren Bianchi.

~~

Flashback to Chapter 27

~~

"Have you heard of the news?" Soren asked Regina the moment she stepped in the doors. She gave a nod in answer as they continue to walk into the main meeting room for the in-groups where the others should be waiting. 

They entered, and just as she predicted, they were all there. Silence emerged as Regina walked to the head of the table, followed by her second-hand mam. Finally reaching there, she slammed her palms to the table. It stung, but she merely relished the pain. 

"We need to get our king back," Regina growled lowly, the others nodding along with her. "Here's what we're going to do. First, I need their whole perimeters to be hacked, Krista. Then, find a blueprint of the whole place so that we could find an entrance with the least guards. Since there would still probably be some guards in that area, Wynter, you use your charms to them, then plunge a dagger in. After that, we go in, spill as much blood as possible, get our leader out of there, and blow the whole place up."

She had to admit, that wasn't the best she could have come up with, it was the only thing she could as of the moment. 

The others nodded at her plan, and off they went in different directions. As they all went out, Regina suddenly put her hand in Soren's, making him glance at her. Clenching it for a brief second, she kept his stare and took her hand out. She then left him there, staring at the small piece of paper that she had slipped into his hand.

~~

Getting the point, Soren walked, but not to where he and the others were supposed to be meeting. Instead, he directly went to his room and entered the bathroom. Once he was sure that he was alone and no one else can see him, he opened the piece of paper in his hands. 

'My house, my room. Bathroom, the second drawer is underneath the vanity. The maroon lipstick.' 

He waited a few minutes until he was certain that Regina and the others had left, and went down to the garage. Then, he drove speedily to Regina's house and followed the instructions.