Chapter 7 - Who Says He Will Live?

~~

{A/N: Tons of POV changes in this chapter}

Rayver POV

"What the fuck?!"

The loudness of his voice gained the attention of the nearby students who grew silent, others noticed their silence and followed and soon, there wasn't a sound to be heard in the whole cafeteria.

I could feel tons of eyes on me, making me uncomfortable. I was about to open my mouth to apologize, but it looked like he wasn't done.

"Look what you did to my shirt, you idiot!" He seethes, looking at his pizza-stained shirt in disgust.

"Look, Marcus, we can talk this out--" Jordan tried reasoning with him but was cut off.

"Shut up, you nerd. Was I talking to you?!" Jordan shook his head and backed off.

Even though it's a more luxurious school, the hierarchy will still be there. With us nerds at the bottom of the food chain.

"Now, where was I? Oh, right." With that said, he did something I didn't expect. He punched me.

It was strong, I'm saying the quarterback kind of strong, making me stumble on my feet and fall. My head was spinning, so it took me a while before I felt an icky substance fall on my head.

I kept my head down in utter embarrassment as the milk dropped down.

They —books— said that when things like this happen, the world would be like a haze, making the victim hear everything muffled.

But no, in reality, I heard everyone clearly. I could hear the joyous laughter of everyone, as they were so amused at my situation.

My head slowly lifted itself, like it had a mind of its own, and my eyes subconsciously found their way to her.

My sister.

I don't know why it did, but as I looked her in the eye, I saw nothing. No feelings, not pity, amusement, disgust, worry, just nothing. She was emotionless.

I looked away, angry at myself for even thinking that she would do something. Anything!

Get up and don't show any weaknesses. Don't let them overcome you.

I was brought out of my reverie by an arm, helping me up. Ignoring the ringing laughter, I let Jordan lead me out of the cafeteria.

Best first day ever.

~~

Regina POV

"Regina, are you okay?" I faintly heard in the background.

My mind was in a haze. I was seeing red. Not just scarlet red, but deep, bloody red. I want blood.

I turned to the voice and saw that it was Krista. They were looking at me in confusion, some stealing glances at my hand.

I slowly looked at it, wondering what the problem was, and I saw that the apple I had in hand was now crushed, its juices dripping down the table.

Just like how the milk dropped down from his head.

I let go of the apple and turned again to them, and said, "Andiamo." {Let's go.}

No questions asked, they followed me to the exit.

We went to the back, and I got a cigarette and took a deep drag. I need to control myself.

They crowded around me, and I knew that I needed to answer their questions now.