Chapter 25 - Worthy Of The Luciano Surname

~~

Rayver POV

Two weeks passed quickly. It's now winter break, and I've already made promises to my friends to spend the twenty-fifth with them. Jordan and Alyssa also had their first date, which was basically a cliché movie date, according to Miley. 

One more thing I noticed is how I've been up nearly every night, wondering exactly why I am even worth fighting for. 

Self-confidence is slowly inching to the window.

That aside, tonight's the night. The night that I prove to her that I am more than what she thinks I am. Here's the plan, it's pretty easy, actually. First, follow them to the venue, sneak in the worker's entrance, work alongside them as a waiter, and then go serve Regina to show her that someone like me could sneak into a place filled with 'lethal people that eat kids like me for breakfast'. 

See? Easy! 

And how exactly are you going to follow them? By sneaking in their car and lying on the backseat's floor? Pfft.

No. I began to realize how stupid that was when I did it for the first time already. This time, I'm going to drive there. 

Wait, wait, wait, do you even know how to drive a car?!

Of course! Dad taught me how to in the past months. 

Yeah, for about four times!

Better than nothing, right? 

Oh, God. Just… Just don't get yourself killed, alright?

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

This will not end well.

~~

I'm now inside the car. Headlights off, air conditioning off, engine off, everything off! I chose a Porsche that looked easy to drive, and am just waiting for Regina and Dad to exit the gates. 

Finally, both of them entered the garage. They were both wearing violet. They got in the car that wasn't the one that Regina always uses, and speeds out. 

The speed of their exit was something I didn't expect, making me fumble for the key. Quickly turning it on, I placed my hands on the wheel, and pressed on the gas, following them. 

Huh, I got this. 

Soon, I'm sucked in the traffic, keeping my eyes planted on the car I'm following. I made sure to keep a safe distance so that they wouldn't realize that I'm following them, but enough to keep them in my line of sight. 

After lots of twists and turns that I didn't bother counting, I saw them stop in front of a large, luxurious building that had reporters and cameramen all over the entrance. I stopped my car far from the area, but in a place that blended in. Stepping out for a clearer view, I saw my sister and father exit their car, their faces harsh and cold. 

Dad had a bored and serious look, while Regina had an icy cold glare that made anyone she made eye contact with flinch. With their royal violet clothes, they looked very much like a real king and queen. 

I blinked as my eyes followed them. When they were inside, I snapped my attention back to my objective. To prove that I am worthy of the Luciano surname.

Looking around, I searched for the worker's entrance and was lucky to see a couple of guys that were hurrying to go in a doorway at the side. Unfortunately for me, I didn't think through about the uniforms, so seeing them in white, pressed shirts and black trousers was a total difference from my blue shirt and denim jeans.