Chapter 43 - I Love You

~~

Regina POV

I sneered, looking at the bunch of weaklings that were all injured, and some were even knocked out.

Debol-- {Weakli--}

I shook my head. Not the time, not the place.

With narrowed eyes, I thought through how I could get these people, the 'strongest' and the 'best of the best' in this Mafia to live to their names. I mean, come on. I've been here for less than two hours, and I've already got all of them beneath me. And I'm not even tired.

I'm not bragging, I'm mostly just complaining. I know that I'm hard to defeat, yeah, but even my people back at our Mafia could at least make me break a sweat. But them?

Oh, and let's not forget, the only training I ever had in all these five years was in the small gym at the penthouse. They should be able to beat me by then. I already know that they aren't holding back, they're already sweating buckets, for fuck's sake!

With my fingers massaging the bridge of my nose, I exhaled in disappointment.

I don't even have the exact words to complain about this anymore.

Well, nothing good will come out of complaints, anyway. Plus, I'm not here to just observe them, I'm here to train them. As to why, well, that's easy. To gain things. Their fear, respect, and blinded loyalty.

How to do that? Interaction.

They have to see me doing what they're doing, regardless of my position, if the whole squadron is doing it, I should be, too. Of course, with a little twist.

They run fifty laps? I'll run a hundred. Exercising for an hour? I'll go for two. There's a test of endurance? I'll continue until I drop.

That way, I'll gain all I want without a hitch. They'll fear me for my strong, unbending training session, they'll respect me for doing it with them, plus more, and their loyalty by showing them that with me, they can get stronger.

Why am I doing this? Well, why not? After all, since I'll be the queen, I'm The one they'll have to serve. If I don't horde them all now, they will rebel when I'm seated on my throne.

And when others will see their improvement, they'll also develop the same traits I want, which brings them all to my side, for my bidding.

This isn't my family's legacy, so I'll have to build from scratch to get them to follow my orders. I don't want them to be forced to do it just because they were ordered to by the king, but I stead, for them to do what I want because they don't doubt me.

Of course, this doesn't mean I will be forgiving. After all, I'm Queen Bloodlust. But, unfortunately, I will have to practice with this piece of shit thing called 'mercy'. What a pain.

~~

They all left after I told them that we'll start the actual training tomorrow. They'll need the small pre-break. As I was walking around this seemingly training room in their headquarters, a room caught my attention.

I walked towards it and opened the door. What I saw inside confirmed my guess.

A shooting range.

I gulped.

Going to the wall where a bunch of guns was on display for those to practice on, I stared at them, not touching one. Inhaling as if to gain courage, I reached out and took one which seemed to be already loaded.

Taking another deep breath I cocked it, feeling the familiar rush whenever I held a gun. Aiming towards the target on the other side of the room, I closed one eye. I was about to shoot, but then...