Chapter 17 - Tomorrow Your Training Begins

~~

Rayver POV

My head was pounding with the new information, so I did the only thing I could.

I ran.

I know, how cowardly.

But what was I supposed to say?!

'Oh, that's cool. You guys kill people, sell drugs, and much more. Stay safe!'

Yeah... Might not be the best idea. I might even get a bullet through the head.

You're just exaggerating now.

I really don't think that they'll waste a bullet with you.

Did you just agree with me?!?

You know it was unclear...

Hey! Aren't you supposed to shut up?

...

Good boy.

I don't think my brain will ever be silent.

Anyway, here I am now in my room. My sanctuary.

But now that I think about it... I don't think I'm even safe here. What if they put a hidden camera here? Or a bug?!

Oh god... I might start hyperventilating now.

I should get out of here. But where would I go?! I can't go to any of my friends' places; I won't have a proper excuse to give them.

What about just the streets..? Nah, I'm not that stupid.

A--

Shush!

So the last option is... Nowhere.

I'll just have to stay in a house full of murderers.

I can only hope that I won't be their next victim.

~~

Regina POV

"How could you drop it just like that?! You should've thought it through before telling him that!" I just rolled my eyes.

"Then what? The result will always be the same, Padre. He took it better than I expected." I said, shrugging nonchalantly.

Padre didn't give me an answer but instead just slumped down on his seat, looking stressed as fuck.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, come on, Padre. He'll come around soon. It's not like he should be expecting us to drop all of our Mafia positions for him."

My weds caused him to freeze, then he looked up at my emotionless eyes.

"Regina... I am going to ask you a question which I wish you will answer truthfully." Padre said slowly and carefully as if he was talking to a wild beast.

I gave him a single frown but kept my face stoic and impassive. I nodded for him to continue.

"If ever the day comes... That you would be given a choice... Whether your brother or the Mafia, what would you choose, and what will you give up?"

Little did my father know, I have already made my choice.

I silently stared at him before giving my answer.

~~

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.