Chapter 34 - Meeting Both Voices In My Head

~~

Cavillor POV

"You said that she was already weak and would be powerless by now." Dad's deep voice said, calm anger hidden beneath.

"She was," I answered. Not a second later, I felt a strong hit on my jaw, causing me to slightly stumble. Damn, Dad's still stronger than me.

"Then explain how in the world was she able to kill all fifty of the strongest fighters in our Mafia like she was crushing mosquitoes?!" He bellowed.

I stayed silent, however, understanding where his anger came from. Even I, myself, was baffled. Almost a whole four months has passed, and every single day, she was beaten repeatedly, tortured repeatedly, and injected with drugs repeatedly.

Of course, we would all expect her to die in the pit, but we were caught off guard. No one believed that she would've lived through that.

And her eyes. Damn. Her eyes which were a rare silver and red had become fully red. I mean, is that even physically possible?

Dad's abrupt inhale made me pay attention to him again. He seemed to be thinking the same thing as I was.

"We need to find her weakness." He firmly stated.

"But she doesn't have a weakness." I objected, making him turn to look away at the side. "You know I'm right. Hell, she didn't even bat a single eye when we killed her father! We don't have anything to use against her."

We let my words hang in the air until I saw my father make a smile that I rarely saw him with. This was his deadly smile. The one that signaled that he had an idea, and one that always worked.

He chuckled. "Oh, son. You must've forgotten, but we still have one last leverage against her."

I furrowed my brows. "We do? What?"

"Not 'what', 'who'." Here corrected me, but I was even more confused.

"Alright, who?"

"Who else? Her brother."

~~

THIRD PERSON POV

Just a few turns of hallways and corners ahead of where the fearless, strong-hearted, and determined woman was detained, there held a room that was quite similar as hers. Inside of it was someone who was the exact opposite of her, however, for this person was terrified, poor-spirited and spineless boy.

All of the past months that he was with his family had made him stronger mentally. He had no longer heard much from the whisperings of his demons that used to continually taunt him. When they were gone, the only voice that was left was a voice that kept on encouraging him through strange words.

Now, after months in captivity and torture, those demons of him came back full force. Worse yet, it seemed to have became louder than the voice that helped him.

It started to come back the moment he doubted. The moment he thought that she wouldn't come for him. Of course, he immediately disregarded that heinous idea.

Why wouldn't she come back for him? She loved him!

But as the days progressed on, his brain couldn't keep itself from questioning. Where was she? Why is she taking so long? Is she even looking for him?

Again, he waved away the thought. Unfortunately for him, though, was even though he thought those thoughts disappeared from his mind, it didn't. It was simply moved to the deepest, darkest parts of his mind.

While that would be a good thing, in this case, it wasn't. For his demons hadn't completely left his side either, no. It was o ly hiding there, at the deepest, darkest parts of his mind. So, of course, once the vicious thoughts of his sister disregarding him crossed paths with his insecurities, his demons reawakened.