the war

WE ALL FELT OURSELVES freeze

WE ALL FELT OURSELVES freeze. It might've been the most terrifying thing we'd seen in our lives. Both in a fearful way, and in a saddening way. 

She looked at all of us with this...blank expression. Looking down at the hundreds of heads, she showed no emotion.

Yet you could see something in her eye—I could see something in her eye.

She did look sad. She looked like she was in pain. I could see it. I could.

One person shot in the arm. Another shot in the leg. Another shot in the thigh. Another shot in the shoulder.

It took us four victims to realize she was attacking us, before we took measures, avoiding her flailing chains and knives to defend ourselves.

We were nothing but ants in her way...

Sorry, you don't understand what I'm talking about, do you?

Let me start from the beginning of the day.

March 1st, 3:35 p.m.

"Evacuate! Hurry, this way!!" Ochako waved her hand to civilians as the packed the streets, walking in a fast paced in a panicked. She was floating above them, pointing towards a hill that surrounded Jaku City, a small division of Japan

that had now turned into a war zone.

The students of the Hero Course were told they were all traveling to the same place for internships; the mountains of Jaku City. Only after meeting up with the Pro Hero Burnin', did they learn that the hereos were already at the base of the mountain infiltrating a hospital that was rumored to be the Nomu base.

So, they moved down to the city to evacuate civilians. Though most of them were in a confused and nervous state, the students and heroes remained as calm as possible.

"Ochako!" The girl heard her name be called. She turned slowly to see Tsu hop towards her.

"Tsu!...Release!" Ochako pressed her fingers together, her falling towards the ground. Tsu ran forward, catching her friend in her arms and helping her touch Earth again.

"We're doing good, Burnin' says." Tsu ribbited, her and Ochako running against the current of people to head towards their classmates to see if they needed more help.

"Okay, good! I'm glad we're doing alright!!"

"You sound really anxious, Ochako."

"Do I?!" Ochako's voice cracked, sweat practically spewing from her pink face. She then took a deep breath, them slowing down as they approached their group. "...My gut...It just...I feel like something might happen."