weekend escape

"

"...HIT ME." Bakugo murmured, sitting across from Ochako at the kitchen table, Iida and Sero watching their game of blackjack from the sidelines. Mina, the dealer, gave Bakugo another card. The boy looked at it, before saying, "I'll stand."

Ochako smirked. "Okay, how many you got?"

Bakugo flipped over three cards, which added up to equal, "Seventeen."

Ochako flipped over her two cards, exclaiming, "21!! I win!!"

"YOU CHEATER!!!" Bakugo growled, jumping out of his chair.

"How could she have cheated? You watched her the whole time!" Sero teased.

"Bakugo's a sore loser! Bakugo's a sore los—" Mina sang, poking at Bakugo's cheeks.

"Shut up!!!" He hissed, slapping her hand away.

The elevator dinged, the metal doors opening to reveal 4 kids piling out of the compartment with duffle bags.

Mina turned around, gasping and skipping to them. "Hey, Jirou!—Oh...Where are you all going?"

Jirou was accompanied with Todoroki, Midoriya, and Kaminari, all of them carrying bags that made it look like they were going to a sleepover.

"Hm? Me?" Jirou asked, the other students turning to their conversation.

"You all are leaving campus?" Momo, who was sitting on the couch, peered over to join in.

"Y-Yeah, to celebrate my mom's birthday."

"All 4 of you?" Ochako questioned.

Midoriya and the other two boys all looked away guiltily, as they were certain their cover was about to be blown. Luckily, Jirou kept a poker face. "Yeah, Midoriya's mother is friends with my mom, Kaminari's dad's brother's cousin's wife is friends with my dad, and Todoroki really wanted to see my dog."

They all went silent.

"...Oh, okay! Have fun!!" Momo waved.

"See you all Monday!! Be prepared for winter training!!!"

"Yep." Jirou gave a salute, wrapping her scarf around her neck and exiting the building to the front porch.

The 3 boys looked at each other confused, before quickly walking after Jirou in their winter wear.

"Bye everyone!"
"See ya!!"
"Bye." They shouted.

As they left the dorms, they all ran up to Jirou's side as she confidently strutted to the front of the campus. "That was amazing Jirou! You kept them unsuspecting of our endeavors!!" Kaminari said in a teasing way, throwing his arm around Jirou's neck."

"Endeavors?—" Todoroki whispered.

"Well you all just stood there! I had to do something!" She growled.