Remembering Sunday (32,33)

Start from the beginning

“Wow, thanks Ramsey if I wasn’t nervous about telling him before I am now.”

“Oh come on you don’t have to be worried about it too much I’m sure he’ll understand. I mean he liked Dane enough to let him stay last time he was in town…well the time before the drunk dial,” I shot an angry look at Ramsey through the rearview mirror which caused him to laugh even more.

“Hey baby, wake up were here,” Dane said shaking my shoulder. I moaned my discontent and closed my eyes again. I heard him sigh and tried not to smile when I felt him wrap an arm around my waist pulling me to the door. Then he slipped an arm under my legs and lifted me from the car. I smiled and cuddled into his shoulder. “Did I just get played?”

“If you hurry up and get me to my bed, I may actually get some more sleep before I have to explain to my father that I’m moving to LA with you,” I said without opening my eyes.

“I’ll tell him if you want, I think the two of us should have a talk anyway.”

“No, I’ll tell him because I’m not so sure he’s going to let you say more than a few words and plus I’m pretty sure he’ll appreciate me telling him instead of you,” I said wrapping my arms around him.

“Quick play sleep,” he whispered, I closed my eyes.

“Is she okay?” I heard my father ask.

“Just exhausted from traveling. I was going to take her upstairs and let her get some rest,” Dane said quietly.

“Ben didn’t do…anything to her right?” I could hear the concern in my father’s voice. It was so sincere and real that I decided to give him a break. I pealed open my eyes as though I was just waking up and looked over at him.

“Daddy?” I tapped Dane’s shoulder and he placed my feet on the ground. I walked over and gave him a hug. “How was it while I was gone?” he took a step away from me and just stared at me as though he was trying to make sure that I was okay. “Daddy?” he took a deep breath and pulled me back into his arms.

“Yeah baby?” he said with a sigh.

“Your scaring me is everything okay?”

“Yes, it’s just that since I’ve found you I haven’t been…its hard…I…I was worried about you.”

“I was only gone for four days, if that long,” I said stepping away from him. “I’m fine and so are the boys. You saw them right?”

“Yes, but I just wanted to be sure and not to mention you went with a psychopath,” I smiled.

“Ben’s not that bad and he took good care of us all. Even hired both the boys their own nanny,” I said with a smile.

“I know and I am pretty sure that if Sienna walked out of here with some guy that I didn’t trust I wouldn’t have worried so much, but you are different then your sister. I’ve known her all her life and I just met you….”

“Stop and please take a deep breath. I’m fine and I wish you would have trusted me more…”

“It’s not you that I didn’t trust, it’s just that all these years you’ve been on your own and now that I’ve found you I want to protect you from everything that I wasn’t able to protect you from before.”

“That’s irrational,” I said taking a deep breath. I tried to put myself in his shoes. “I know that this is an adjustment, but it’s an adjustment for me to. I’ve never had anyone worrying about me like this and I’m sorry that I made you worry. I should probably tell you though that I made it through all of that stuff. I lived and am still living, if I thought for one second that me or my children would have been in any real danger I wouldn’t have gone with him. I probably would have been hiding in my bedroom somewhere. Ben is harmless I only went to prove that there would never be anything between us again,” for a second he just stood there stunned.