52 - 오심이 장

Start from the beginning

She growled, “dare to call me that again. And who are you even going to meet?”

“You’ll know it later. Take care, I’ll be leaving now.”

Haneul pretended to do some silly wave dance as she scampered around before throwing a wave in Sowon's direction and left her room in a blur.

Huh.

And here, Sowon thought her friend was somewhat guilty for healing and making her sick in the process but as always, Haneul was shameless. She shook her head, feeling another wave of sneeze tickling her nose.

“Achoo!”

She sneezed, head throbbing with a sudden wave of pain as she wiped her nose with new tissue and recoiled back into her warm bed. Thankfully the fever was over or else she would have to suffer twice.

Knock knock.

Was it her friend again? Sowon considered shouting something like 'go away' to piss off her best friend who made fun of her some moments ago. But as she collected her hoarse voice, another rang out from outside.

“Sowon?”

The said girl froze on her bed. That voice belonged to the one and only person she was avoiding this whole time. Namjoon. Was he outside her door?

“Are you there? I am coming in.”

Sowon panicked.

She was not yet ready to face him, especially not in this weak condition. But how was she supposed to run or hide? When she heard the knob click open, she did the best thing she could think of; pretend to sleep.

Immediately she shut her eyes and pulled the covers to cover half of her face but she heard the door swing open and footsteps follow in, forcing her to leave her upper face in the open. Silence lingered in the air for a while and she itched to take a peek.

“You’re asleep. I thought you were awake but. . .”

Namjoon let out a sigh and Sowon tried to slow her pace of breathing, pretending hard to sleep when she was actually wide awake and aware of everything.

She heard some shuffling which made her more curious as to what the male was doing in her room. But she feared meeting his eyes that will accuse her of lying and fraud sleep. So she brushed the temptation aside.

“You are really brave and determined, working hard to the extend of getting sick. Why do you make yourself suffer so much?”

Maybe because I want to achieve my dreams, she replied in her head. The more important question was, why was he talking only when she was asleep or does he know that she was acting? Was she caught?

“You make everyone worry, even me. W-We are not supposed to exist, to be like this yet I can’t pull myself away from you. And in between the torn feelings, I end up pushing you away.”

Sowon felt her throat go dry upon hearing the confession. Was Namjoon being serious, about his words and that they meant what she really was thinking about? Their crooked relationship? Or was he pulling her leg, to make fun of her?

It was hard to believe anythingㅡboth when Sowon’s eyes were closed or open. And that was because Namjoon only showed what he wanted her to see while she viewed what she wanted to see. She heard footsteps approach her bed and her heartbeat quickened.

I think he's going to pull the covers- but before Sowon could finish her worries, something brushed her cheeks. Something warm and quick. Her brain stopped functioning for a moment and Sowon had no idea what was going on.